Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Maes

Just how hard it is to fabricate credible accusations of terrorism plots, nowadays?

I mean, a model plane plot? Seriously? Even if this could ever be pulled out successfully, how much damage could a single model plane do? Anyone who's into RC can understand just how ridiculous the premise of this "plot" is.

A military-grade drone capable of carrying some 100s of kg of explosives or even a small atomic bomb, that's credible. A large-scale RC plane capable of carrying maybe a few 10s of kg, barely. A regular scale RC plane capable of lifting a few kg? Please, don't make me laugh. If he had a whole squadron of them and used them as a barrage of slow-flying cruise missiles, and if they were laden with neurochemicals or radioactive materials, then maybe it would be a credible threat.

But then again, if he could actually get hold of any of that stuff, there were much better delivery methods.

What next, a "jihadist" arrested for plotting to fart in the Pentagon's and Capitol's general direction?

If they fabricated that it was probably to make it sound more interesting. They know they wouldn't need to add that bit of silliness after getting him for intent, grenades, guns and detonators. I bet he did it because he plays too many video games (that model idea has been in GTA a couple times) and watches shitty movie for "training." It's not any more stupid than some of the guys who were caught being idiots, like the underwear-bomb guy.

Aliotroph? said:

It's not any more stupid than some of the guys who were caught being idiots, like the underwear-bomb guy.

Heh I hope none of them researches a super-laxative in order to become DMCHOSHO martyrs ;-)

"SPRAY THE INFIDELS WITH EXTREME EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA IN THE NAME OF ALLAAAAAAH!!!!" *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

Maybe some jihadist will fashion a Doom-inspired combat armor and a prototype BFG that shoots anthrax a-la Postal 2?

Sounds like that South Park episode where some stupid terrorists were shitting on pictures of Jesus because the network wouldn't let them show Mohammad's face.

Aliotroph? said:

Sounds like that South Park episode where some stupid terrorists were shitting on pictures of Jesus because the network wouldn't let them show Mohammad's face.

Lol never saw that one but said like this it sounds very wrong on every conceivable level. Real Islamic terrorists wouldn't dare shit on Mohammad's face (hell, they wouldn't even be allowed to represent Mohammad in any way. All confessions of Islam share this trait, with no exceptions). And they wouldn't even shit on Jesus for that matter: He is considered a real prophet and respected just as much as Mohammad.

Of course, they could shit on Buddha or Confucius with no problems....

Heh, the man sounds like a complete nutter. I'll bet he's never even actually spoken with an actual terrorist. It really sounds to me that he just came up with this crazy scheme completely on his own, that he never could've hoped to pull off. Of course, the article was written to make it sound like a legitimate terrorist threat, though. Come on, this guy is a joke.

DHS & co. look for every opportunity to justify their existence and funding. They need terrorist boogeymen, the same way FBI needs drug lords, and if there aren't any they'll manufacture them. But it's easier to just use whatever little thing comes along and just blow it up to epic proportion.

Maes said:

Lol never saw that one but said like this it sounds very wrong on every conceivable level. Real Islamic terrorists wouldn't dare shit on Mohammad's face (hell, they wouldn't even be allowed to represent Mohammad in any way. All confessions of Islam share this trait, with no exceptions). And they wouldn't even shit on Jesus for that matter: He is considered a real prophet and respected just as much as Mohammad.

Of course, they could shit on Buddha or Confucius with no problems....

Depends on how you want to look a it. Jesus may be a genuine disciple, but many Muslims have little respect for his followers. Right now, there are many ethnic cleansing taking place around the middle East where many Christians are being thinned out of the heard with violence. And as of late, many Christian monuments and ruins are being dismantled and destroyed to eliminate all things Christian from memory.

Some people believe the airplanes that were flown into the twin towers were remotely controlled (a lot of airline pilots are fond of this theory since they know how difficult the maneuvers were).

Hellbent said:

a lot of airline pilots are fond of this theory since they know how difficult the maneuvers were

It would be difficult to swerve at the last moment and keep the plane from stalling and in one piece, but that obviously wasn't a concern at the time, so I guess it somehow made the pilots' life a bit easier....I mean, what they were afraid of, crashing maybe?

You'd have more luck with a dog that could actually hold a little weight. This guy's an idiot. Maybe he's just trying to make people aware that there are still plans to attack the U.S.

I don't like entrapment, all the FBI have done here is enable a wild-eyed idealist to live his fantasy of being a jihadi.