Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lainos

5till L1 Complex

I loved Overdose, I will be looking forward to playing this one once it is made available. :)

The yellow switch in the maze like area lets me use it without a yellow key.

New version (V1.2) is avinable. Fixed bag with secret sector (and some graphic bags).

I really liked the looks of this map and you must have spent an awful lot of time on making this beast. But I must say that this plays horrible. I got lost all the time and the fights where nothing more than shooting at different enemies in open areas with weak weapons.

The alternative weapon sprites doesn't really work well either, with shotgun being the worst sprite. It takes all the feeling away from the original sprite by removing the recoil animation.

This map reminds me alot of hellcore 2.0 with it's beautiful design but poor gameplay. But I guess it's hard to make interesting gameplay when you're making maps that are open and big like this. Maybe if I was in the mood for playing doom just to explore I could have found this map interesting.

Yeah, this map is all about exploring and feeling the atmosphere. I think Lainos succeeded in that even though I didn't like the music and played with a different song.

I'm a sucker for city maps and I loved Overdose. This time you have really managed to capture the feel of a city with some heavily bombed/ruined areas and the style fits very neatly with Overdose. Good stuff!

Damn, I missed this thread.

Lainos, I think you closed Doxylamine Moon "era" with this map, which might be it's third part. Sadly, I couldn't finish it without cheats, but I saw the 90% of the map, and it was amazing!

Memfis was definitely right: gameplay isn't perfect, but the feeling is the best I've ever seen!

PS.: I have no idea, what's the exact reason, but I was and I am still bvery interested in your maps and all your Doom-related works, even if you won't create new maps. Just sayin' =)

Still one rendering bug ...

Sectors 18 and 131 needed a floor height of 0 , not -128. The error is quite noticeable, in either software or hardware ports.

Lainos said:

WAD was tested in prBoom+. I have not seen any serious bugs, and nobody said me about it.

I have clearly seen this in prboom+ software, glboom+ hardware, zdoom software, gzdoom hardware and Risen3D. Either/or check those sectors in an editor or check in-game, and you will see the issue ... guaranteed.

Here is a screenshot using prboom+

http://i.imgur.com/xowBc.jpg

Aah, you about that. Yes, I know. It was made for hide light on the floor. Not everyone will notice, that's why I left it.

Lainos said:

Aah, you about that. Yes, I know. It was made for hide light on the floor. Not everyone will notice, that's why I left it.

Maybe not if they use a port that doesn't use mouselook, like prboom+. And I knew why you did it, but you did it wrong. If you knew about it, why not fix it, as described above ... easy.

Holy megapants! This is ridiculously great. o_O

It's huge, beautiful, nonlinear, and sports perfect ambiance. Borderline surreal, even. Like, whoa. O:

Only complaint is that the exit is tucked away in a really hard-to-find area, so much that I had to open up the map in an editor to find it. I did get the "now where do I go?" feeling a couple of times, but managed to find the way forward without that much trouble anyhow. I definitely appreciate how the interior of the complex is completely free to roam -- we need more of this. :)

It's sad to hear the claim that this is your last wad, though... I haven't even had the chance to recruit you for Hacx 2.0 yet. :P