Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
magikal

Monsters and Doors in ZDoom/Legacy

Okay I've built a wad,tested it with Legacy as I built it,fine.Problem is with Zdoom many of the secret doors that stay closed with Legacy are opened pre-maturely by the monsters in ZDoom.Why,and what can I do about it? My editor is DeepSea.

Yep,but that stops the monster from being able to exit the room when the door is open.
Sorry I didn't explain it very well.For example I've got a secret door triggered by a remote linedef.When monsters walk over it they open the door,in legacy this doesn't happen.
Other example I've got several rooms with DR doors, monsters inside,in ZDoom they open the doors by themselves, in legacy they don't.

Originally posted by magikal For example I've got a secret door triggered by a remote linedef.When monsters walk over it they open the door,in legacy this doesn't happen.

You can fix this one of 2 ways.

If you stick with stock DOOM format, switch to the BOOM type Doors - see: BOOM LineDef menu. In there you'll see a flag that tells if monsters activate or not.

Or you can switch to ZDOOM HEXEN format (run the level through ZWADCONV and also convert your IWAD to a NEW IWAD suitable for the ZDOOMHEXEN project) and there you can set flags to activate for anything you want. Plus there are a lot more features available regards level design.

Hey thanks Deep I'll give it a go,that's great service.
On the other point why do the monsters respond at the slightest activity in ZDoom and act like they're asleep in Legacy? Any ideas or solutions anyone...

What version of ZDoom are you using?

There was a bug in v1.22 and some of the early v1.23 betas that meant monsters would wake up when they shouldn't. It's been fixed now, AFAIK.

Originally posted by NiGHTMARE
What version of ZDoom are you using?

There was a bug in v1.22 and some of the early v1.23 betas that meant monsters would wake up when they shouldn't. It's been fixed now, AFAIK.

Oh...that was happening in my first level...totally ruined the opening scene.

123beta33.Yep it's my opening sequece that behaves totally diffrently with ZDoom also.It's like a different game.