Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leon

Anyone completed all Doom II levels in Nightmare?

I think some powerful guy did, and then posted the full demo on a site. But I'd rather see the demo-enthusiastic supermods talk about this.

There are three records in the COMPET-N Database - Henning Skogsto (29:39), Drew "stx-Vile" DeVore (29:56) and Radek Pecka (35:18). The bracketed links are lmp "movies" you can play back in Doom2. The DSDA has a larger selection of speedrun movies that you can pick through here which includes runs by Steffen Winterfeldt, Ian Sabourin, Vincent Catalaa, Ryback, Thomas Pilger, Radek Pecka, Adam Hegyi, Jan Vida, Henning Skogsto, Bjorn Hamels, Anders Johnsen and Sedlo.

Vorpal said:

Per0xyd said:
Another recording I am very proud of! Only 4 people completed it, Anders + Henning and Xit Vono + Me. This one was recorded in 2004.
Recorded by PerOyd and Xit Vono using the original DOS engine, no cheats, no slo'mo, no save games (also called single segment).

Then why does everything have an odd filter look?

EDIT: I'm pretty certain he's using ZDoom or GZDoom.

He's referring to the demo which was recorded in vanilla. He is using a source port to play it back, rather than upload a 320x240 video to youtube which is going to get further artifacts and wackiness after youtube does its processing.

Pure Hellspawn said:

IF you think Nightmare is bad, wait till you learn what Tyson is. It's essentially what comes after Nightmare in terms of difficulty.

Someone did a Tyson run in D2???

Vorpal said:

He's referring to the demo which was recorded in vanilla. He is using a source port to play it back, rather than upload a 320x240 video to youtube which is going to get further artifacts and wackiness after youtube does its processing.

Ahhhhhhhh!

Has anyone ever beat all levels in Final Doom: Plutonia Experiment in Nightmare? It's already nigh-impossible even without everything respawning constantly, I can't imagine it on Nightmare.

Slippy_Pig said:

Has anyone ever beat all levels in Final Doom: Plutonia Experiment in Nightmare?

Istvan Pataki did a tool assisted run in 1:11:04 using MBF. Pavera possibly did them a little slower while operating the mouse with his feet.

It's been done plenty of times, but back at the release of Doom 2 it was considered impossible. As John Romero once said "It's just gotta be impossible!"

Relic said:

As John Romero once said "It's just gotta be impossible!"

I guess in this one instance, the Doom community has made him it's bitch.

Sure he didn't say: !elbissopmi eb attog tsuj s'ti

I don't think Romero liked the fact that people could destroy his head on NM :P