Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbio Warfare11

Tyson mode?

Tyson mode is just punching all of the monsters, you are not allowed anything else except the berserk power-up. Have fun...

You're restricted to the fist, berserk fist, chainsaw and pistol. If that's not challenging enough, try Pacifist mode.

You can use pistol in a tyson run? I thought it was only fists, chainsaw, beserk fist.

Nomad said:

You can use pistol in a tyson run? I thought it was only fists, chainsaw, beserk fist.

In some situation you can thin out enemy lines via pistol - think of a nook/fenced are with monsters that you can't get to.

Or for hitting remote switches. I also think you are allowed a maximum of 50 bullets on maps such as E2M8, but someone demonstrated a pistol-less completion....

A good tactic for pacifist runs (depending on the map) is to avoid firing completely, if possible. This results in not alerting some or all of the monsters, and changes the dynamics of many maps dramatically. I call this style "silent pacifist", and AFAIK I still own the record for pacifist in longfays.wad ;-)

Is 100% kills required in Tyson mode? Otherwise I don't see a practical difference between it and Pacifist.

Nomad said:

COMPET-N rules allow the pistol to be used in UV Tyson runs.

Bucket said:

Is 100% kills required in Tyson mode?

UV Tyson: finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence, killing every monster at least once including monsters resurrected by an arch-vile, except lost souls, with the following restrictions: you can only use fist, berserk fist, chainsaw and pistol.

Leon said:

What's pacifist mode?

You have to get through the level without killing any monsters. I saw a brilliant Pacifist run of Scythe MAP30 on Youtube that you might want to look at.

Obsidian said:

You have to get through the level without killing any monsters.

It's not quite as simple as that. You are also not allowed to intentionally hurt any monster directly or indirectly, the only exceptions being causing infighting and unintentional telefrags - source