Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

wait wat

I'm sure it's an admin privacy setting or whatever.
Who watches the Watchmen? NOBODY, THAT'S WHO.

I never quite understood what was the point of such features (seeing what users are up to, that is) on forums. Seems creepy and pointless.

I've seen this happen on other forum sites, I've even seen some of them say "unknown action" or something like that.

DoomUK said:

How is this list even accessed?

Click on "Currently Active Users:" on the Forum's home page.

GreyGhost said:

Click on "Currently Active Users:" on the Forum's home page.

Heh, second Doomworld-related discovery I've made this past week. Never occurred to me to try and click on that before.

Anyway, this is why I turned invisible mode on. I don't want you all knowing what thread I'm looking at.

GreyGhost said:

Heh - I doubt we're invisible to the admins.

No, but your attempt is noted with a white asterisk after your name.

If one has multiple tabs, of various threads, open (as I often do), how does this display handle what to show as 'viewing' - just whatever tab your browser is focused on? I'd be pretty impressed if that were the case.

Now I kind of want a 'thread most viewed' statistic in our profiles. :x

schwerpunk said:

If one has multiple tabs, of various threads, open (as I often do), how does this display handle what to show as 'viewing' - just whatever tab your browser is focused on?

Pretty certain it's whatever you most recently accessed, as the page is kinda "dead" in a way after it's done loading. Browsers only need to connect when new information needs to be transferred, so after it's done loading a page, it kills the connection.

Sodaholic said:

Why does this happen?

Because secretly he is watching GreyGhost. And because ghosts are invisible, he can't be seen."But why does he look at what is invisible? " you may ask. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the mystery of the Doomworld Forums

Sodaholic said:

Pretty certain it's whatever you most recently accessed, as the page is kinda "dead" in a way after it's done loading. Browsers only need to connect when new information needs to be transferred, so after it's done loading a page, it kills the connection.

on the other hand, who's online reloads itself to refresh everyone's positions, so you can't just open a different page after accessing it and peek in peace.

and bloodshedder is watching you sleep if you forget to close doomworld before you go to bed.

dew said:

and bloodshedder is watching you sleep if you forget to close doomworld before you go to bed.

I wouldn't dare close Doomworld! What if someone else wants to access the forums while I'm sleeping? No, my computer sleeps in a separate bedroom.

You're one to talk Csonicgo. You've been shitposting thread by thread homing in on everything Sodaholic has to say just to make him feel bad about it. This forum has an ignore list for a reason -- a feature I've recently started to make use of and has since made doomworld a lot less stressful to read. Aaaaaand now you're on mine.

Why all the hate? What happened to the days of calling someone a shitlicking buttspelunker and being done with it?

Bucket said:

Why all the hate? What happened to the days of calling someone a shitlicking buttspelunker and being done with it?

Beats me.

40oz said:

You're one to talk Csonicgo. You've been shitposting thread by thread homing in on everything Sodaholic has to say just to make him feel bad about it. This forum has an ignore list for a reason -- a feature I've recently started to make use of and has since made doomworld a lot less stressful to read. Aaaaaand now you're on mine.

And who knows, maybe you're wrong. But that's extremely unlikely because you're always right. But hey, thanks for admitting you block out other POVs because it conflicts with yours!

Csonicgo said:

Remember this when you shitpost. the admins are watching, waiting.

That they are. *glances at Csonicgo's custom title*

Bucket said:

Times have changed. People no longer visit the Internet, they live on it, and folks tend to get upset when insulted in their own homes - even if it's a virtual construct.

I think there's less tolerance now because the members who've been on the site for more than 5 years (some of us for a decade or longer) know how things roll..when you get someone who posts in EVERY SINGLE thread just for the sake of posting, or asking really redundant questions to fill a postcount or just gets extremely bored...well it's like someone growing a banana tree in their yard and it spilling into yours. And they just never bother to cut it, and it becomes annoying to rake up all the time. Or someone slinging dogshit, like neighbor kids, into your yard because they don't want to dispose of it properly. It's not illegal and doesn't make them criminals, but its fucking annoying to put up with all the time.

Having a posting style is one thing, and I can understand that, but posting 'just because' is fucking annoying.

I'm as equally baffled at Csonicgo's seek-and-destroy mission against Sodaholic these past 2 days (whose threads I find more amusing than genuinely annoying) as I am with 40oz's description of reading an internet forum as "stressful."

Then again, it is the comedic responses that make Soda's threads so great to me in the first place, so nvm - carry on!

Snakes said:

I'm as equally baffled at Csonicgo's seek-and-destroy mission against Sodaholic these past 2 days

I don't get it either, but I find it kinda funny, it doesn't get to me.

40oz said:

This forum has an ignore list for a reason -- a feature I've recently started to make use of and has since made doomworld a lot less stressful to read.

I can't understand how anyone's posts could rile you to the point of recruiting the use of the ignore feature. Unless "they" were spamming advertisement crap and there were no moderators around to pluck them from the forums permanently.

Sodaholic said:

I don't get it either, but I find it kinda funny, it doesn't get to me.

then again, does anything?