Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mae77

Monsters don't attack me :S

Hi pals:

I'm learning to make custom levels with Doombuilder. But the enemies don't attack me at all :S. I'm testing on Skulltag and PSP Legacy, and in both ports this happens. What can I do please ? Thx in advance.

Are they set to deaf? They can't hear you.
Are they hidden somewhere? They will come after you if they see you or hear you.

I see this happened to few people, and no answers.
I shot them , they see me, they attack themselves... but no one attacks me, in fact I can't make damage to myself (throwing rockets close to a wall).
I used Doom 2 as a base... really I don't know what's the reason :S

Mae77 said:

I see this happened to few people, and no answers.
I shot them , they see me, they attack themselves... but no one attacks me, in fact I can't make damage to myself (throwing rockets close to a wall).
I used Doom 2 as a base... really I don't know what's the reason :S

Are you a ghost?

Are you in no-target mode?

PRIMEVAL said:

Well this is new o.o What port are you mapping for?

Skulltag , PSP Legacy and Xbox1 Legacy, that's my goal (I wish)

Searcher said:

Are you in no-target mode?

Mmmmmm... I don't know, how can I know/test it ?
(sorry if your questions are a joke that I didn't understand, my english is not very good... but I can survive :D )

jongo said:

sounds fancy, upload a wad pl0x

This WIP level is an example, at the beggining of editing the monsters attacked me and now nothing.... tested on Skulltag and PSP Legacy:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11089545/level02.rar

Thx in advance :D

I think some nodebuilders can't work correctly with maps that consist of one sector. Try either adding more sectors or going to Tools->Game Configurations->Doom2->Nodebuilder and choosing different configuration.

Memfis said:

I think some nodebuilders can't work correctly with maps that consist of one sector. Try either adding more sectors

THAT WAS THE RIGHT ANSWER !!!!!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Memfis !
Immediatly worked at both Skulltag and PSP Legacy (monsters attacking the player).
Now we know how to fix this issue, for more beginners who can have this same problem.
Cheers and thanx again guys :) I'll try to make a decent megawad (but don't expect too much ** ).