Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Craigs

Orcs Must Die 2

tell us more, show us more. Are there orcs in it? Show us a screenshot. I love an orc. Do you get bow and arrow weapon replacement to fell teh orcs with? That would be awesome sauce!

Golden Dawn nationalists would like the title, as "orcs" is slang for illegal immigrants.

Maes said:

Golden Dawn nationalists would like the title, as "orcs" is slang for illegal immigrants.

Incidentally it's a tower defense type game where the goal is to use traps and weapons to prevent orcs from crossing through gateways, or "borders" if you want to use a different term.

Speaking about orcs and defense, this reminded me of LOtR and the whole Anders Breivik killings :-/

kristus said:

Tower defence is zzzz

Amen to that.

I don't get why gaming communities whine about Farmville and the like being dumb cash grabs, only to turn around and praise tower defense games/mods. Both things are one and the same, along with arena shooters, i.e. Killing Floor (still want to slap myself for buying this based on the hype making me believe this was a "real" game). No real gameplay to speak of, just upgrades and progress bars appealing to that obsessive part of our brain.

It's like RPGs dumbed down, and RPGs aren't exactly the highest point of gaming to start with...

That is, referring to games primarily based around levels, experience points and such, not *actual* roleplaying games as these are the exception rather than the rule.

i usually feel the same way about tower defense type stuff, but this looks more interesting to me (a la skulltag invasion, my guilty pleasure).

I always liked Gemcraft.

Figuring out optimal setups in Plants vs Zombies was fun too while it lasted.

Tower defense is zzzz. However, OMD is not. What puts it apart from the other TDs is that it's primarily an action game. You need to actively kill the orcs with your weapons, there's no way that your trap defenses could hold all of them off. It's more like a 3rd person slaughter fest with additional gadgets to use.

Jodwin said:

Tower defense is zzzz. However, OMD is not. What puts it apart from the other TDs is that it's primarily an action game. You need to actively kill the orcs with your weapons, there's no way that your trap defenses could hold all of them off. It's more like a 3rd person slaughter fest with additional gadgets to use.

That and it does things with more flare than most tower defense games. I remember in dungeon defenders enemies just sort of collapse and that's it. In OMD enemies go flying and burst into tiny chunks when you kill them or if they step into certain traps. I remember in the second map there was an area with two parallel bridges spanning over a bottomless chasm where we managed to set up some spring traps that sent the orcs flying clear over the chasm onto the opposite bridge where either we'd kill them or they'd get thrown into the chasm by speeding mine carts and arrow traps.