Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vdaxzter

Revelations of Doom megawad?

These screenshots of a map for an in-progress megawad called "Revelations of Doom" were posted some time ago:

I really like the visual theme shown in the images and was looking forward to playing RoD. The WIP page for the project has been taken down, however. Does anyone know if RoD has been cancelled, or is work ongoing?

Hello. thanks for showing interest!

RoD is in progress by DeathevokatioN and yours truly.
I can not estimate any release date yet, but I think somewhere between 20-25 maps (out of 32) are done.

We will of course let everyone know when the time comes =)

If you're referring to the entry at Wads In Progress website, it recently had a boom-boom and several wads were deleted. But yeah, this should really just have it's own thread so we can harp on you until it's finished..

Hey, thanks for the interest. :)

We have 25 maps complete / nearing completion, progress has been a little slow lately because of my mappers block; my last level took 6 months to build and it isn't even that special haha. I'll avoid elaborating about the mid megawad crisis I'm facing mixed with the inferiority complex I have when I compare my maps to Darkreaver's masterpieces because I'd just end up boring everyone with my whining. :p

So I guess all I can say is that it'll come out when it comes out, but it is still being worked on, and WILL get completed someday.

Don't be too hard on yourself. This looks great, and sounds a lot like Speed of Doom in that it's a collaboration from two mappers with distinct styles, which creates nice variation. Make sure to emphasize your strengths rather than comparing yourself too much to your mapping partner.

I'm very excited for this set.

Nice to have another very nice megawad coming up, the screenshots look nothing short of spectacular! Looking forward to this.

So is this ever going to come out or not? It is already year 2014.
If its wad in progres page is deleted and this thread is dead then I guess I could just unsubscribe from this thread..

Totally playing this megawad when it comes out.

In fact, I'm playing these maps in my head right now.

Dammit. Three cyberdemons. Run for cover111

hjidasfhjigaphjrqtjb;ks;jkbs

Really liking those screenshots, impressive stuff there. Perhaps you could release a 5 level demo or something to keep those interested happy..?

Hehe, keep in mind we did not make this thread ourselves.

Still working on this shit, but both I and DeaevokatioN has had plenty of stuff interfering with mapping the last year or so, so progress has been...not fast. Also, I have decided to kick out some of my old maps because they suck, so actually progress has gone backwards a bit hehe.

We havent discussed any demo, but maybe we will consider it.

Everyone can unsubscribe from this thread at least, as we will not announce any news in this thread.

Ninja edit! What I meant was, do you think you will eventually release an episode for feedback? Is this going to be a Sunder-type super-hard wad, or are people below the level of Doom God going to be able to play it?

It will most certainly not be anything like Sunder. The maps will have anywhere from 40 to 2000 monsters. I think we have a little bit of everything in here really. Creepy tombs, short action maps, epic 5000 sectors bases, etc. We are suckers for diversity.

Hehe, I guess I shouldnt hype it any more. My main point is that it will probably both please and disappoint many at the same time ;)

darkreaver said:

It will most certainly not be anything like Sunder. The maps will have anywhere from 40 to 2000 monsters. I think we have a little bit of everything in here really. Creepy tombs, short action maps, epic 5000 sectors bases, etc. We are suckers for diversity.

Hehe, I guess I shouldnt hype it any more. My main point is that it will probably both please and disappoint many at the same time ;)

Sounds good, hope you guys get it in gear and put this beautiful beast out!

dannebubinga said:

There's too many inverted crosses in this. My poor christian heart will never be able to handle this. Now I'm gonna go and play my 5-string bass.

VIKINGZ CANNOT TEH CHRISTIANZ!!1

dannebubinga said:

There's too many inverted crosses in this. My poor christian heart will never be able to handle this. Now I'm gonna go and play my 5-string bass.

If it helps your poor Christian heart, the Petrine Cross was never seen as a satanic symbol before the 20th century, when illiterate metalheads thought that making something upside-down would invert its meaning.

Hey Darkreaver! Known that I'm looking forward since some years your megawad :) It's probably one of wads that I'm waiting the most!

On 02/08/2012 at 5:32 AM, Ribbiks said:

beautiful shots, dark gray + green is my favorite combo

In the years since this was posted, you have done most every combination: green (sl28), yellow (sl29/30), blue (swtw), magenta (sd20x6), purple (sd20x7), and the rest; and I wondered: has your opinion changed?

The yellow key on the first screenshot seems misplaced a little (not in the middle of that cross).

The key might be on an invisible platform in front of the cross, making it look misplaced from the screenshot's perspective if the viewer assumes it's inside the cross. Alternatively, it might be inside the cross, but on a conveyor belt, moving between left and right side of the cross repeatedly. If that's not the case, at least the mappers may consider to do so now.

3 hours ago, darkreaver said:

Hello! @ukiro

Sadly nothing has happened since last time :( 

The project isn't dead though! It WILL be released somehow sometime.

Let me know if you want to try some new textures to see if it boosts inspiration. 

hot damn, it was more than 5 years ago we were prodding for this megawad? I'm not sure I could have a project go that long and not be continuously critical of all the design choices I liked initially but might've grown tired of years later. Either way I still hope to see this materialize someday (and Plutonium Winds 2, too! but for the moment I've given up pestering darkreaver about that :)).

1 hour ago, RjY said:

In the years since this was posted, you have done most every combination: green (sl28), yellow (sl29/30), blue (swtw), magenta (sd20x6), purple (sd20x7), and the rest; and I wondered: has your opinion changed?

I've tasted the rainbow, and the rainbow is great ;D

Emphatic usage of 1-2 vivid colors against dark neutral tones is still my favorite aesthetic, generally speaking. It's one of those things that I know pigeonholeable, on a surface level, but among all the traits someone could point to for disliking something it's pretty low on the list of things I agree with or would be willing to change. Green is still great, though! Recently I'm rollin teal.