Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbio Warfare11

I made my verry first wad!

Ill be realeasing it tommorow because there is a few bugs i got to work out so that other source ports will be compatible with it. So far it works fine with vanilla doom, Gz doom, Zdoom, ZdoomGL,(not yet Doomsday) and chocolate doom (oobviously). Anyways there is only 2 maps so far and its still a work in progress please bear with me fir its a bit noobish but not bad, abd these levels are not final! But once i realease it please tell me what you think.

Do you know how to take them in doom? I think for zdoom the button for screenshots is "print screen" that button near scroll lock...

MasterofJKD said:

Do you know how to take them in doom? I think for zdoom the button for screenshots is "print screen" that button near scroll lock...

Here's a more basic, step-by-step guide should you be experiencing any troubles.

Ah, the Nazi map - I think most new mappers go through that stage. :)

Looking forward to trying it out when you upload the WAD.

Nice looking map- just add some more detail. Nonetheless I cant wait to eventually play. Looks good for a first map though

This is actually map02 im having some issues with map01...the exit door.. but its an easy fix. I havent posted any pictures of map 1 sorry. I just gotta mess around with it before i can let people see it.

Also map01 has no ss troops. Just good ol fashoned doom monsters. This wad im creating is baisicly the doom story but it was the nazis fault...kinda like wolfenstien.. but im sticking to it reguardless of how lame it is. I am in this till its done :D

Plenty of recommendations, many of which are common feedback for new mappers:

- Use deaf monsters, or separate certain rooms with doors, firing a shot and waking up the entire map isn't quite as enjoyable.
- Incorporate more height variations: experiment with ledges, lifts, pits, and different monster placements within them.
- Deviation from flat square rooms is always refreshing.
- Bug-test! Open up some of your favorite wads in DB and poke around to see how they handle different sector effects, types of doors, floors etc. in the second map I ended up getting trapped behind a defective door and unable to continue.

Overall the maps are very short (although they were presented as demos), and could definitely use some of the above improvements. Here's some fdas just for fun: http://www.mediafire.com/?bn1zyj3h356ehid

Oh btw I was playing in PrBoom+

Hmm well i tried to look for the defective door i could not find it which one was it?? And thank you i do plan to incorporate most of that stuff in later maps.

It was in the second map. I was in the first hallway and I got teleported back in the starting room, and I couldn't open the door to get back out

I suggest you hide the Soulsphere prior to the battle between the Caco and the Baron of Hell. Also add some deatils- such as technological componenents in the wall, open hole in the roof showing the sky etc. And think about placement of the monsters etc;

Use some variation in height. I suggest for the room on the right with the chainsaw, that you place it up higher and make a lift for it.