Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kira

Messing with prboom-plus source code

OK guys, here are some things I'd like to do with prboom-plus source code:

- add mouse aiming

- enable transparency with sprites in OpenGL (some of my gore/smoke png doesn't look quite right with transparency disabled)

- disable "compatibility" menu (looks like this one is the simplest looking at source code, but I'd like to be sure it doesn't cause problems elsewhere)

How do you think I could implement all of this? Most of this should be a trivial matter, but I am not very familiar with prboom-plus source code (not to say, with doom source code at all).

Also, if I replace ressources lumps in /data, will there be problems with md5 checking or anything like that?

Thanks in advance!

K!r4 said:

- disable "compatibility" menu (looks like this one is the simplest looking at source code, but I'd like to be sure it doesn't cause problems elsewhere)

Why would you do that?

Just a curiosity ATM, it's just to get familiar with how things work. And this is unimportant, I am not trying to push that thing through your throat, just asking :-)

Edit: And i'd like to say "just" for the fourth time.

K!r4 said:

- enable transparency with sprites in OpenGL (some of my gore/smoke png doesn't look quite right with transparency disabled)

This?

Yeah, though I'd like to use it with my custom Hires png. I have dying monsters where blood is messed up because the transparency doesn't show up.

Which setting is this? I thought it was removed because it didn't look right behind transparent textures.

Also, what are your thoughts on implementing mouse aiming? I was thinking about it as an optional setting, autodisabled when recording with complevels.

K!r4 said:

Which setting is this? I thought it was removed because it didn't look right behind transparent textures.

TRANSLUCENT flag?

Thing 92 (Tall Blue Torch)
Bits = SPAWNCEILING + TRANSLUCENT

Yep, the translucent flag. Looking at the changelog I should have dreamed though.

As for your Dehacked settings, problem is that I don't want the whole sprite to be transparent, only parts of it (blood for instance). Since the hires sprite use transparency at specific parts, it doesn't look as intended ingame.

You give me ideas for others sprites though, thanks!

So, looking at p_mobj.c, I guess I should mess with P_SpawnPlayerMissile to see how to disable autoaim and enable mouse aiming. Am I correct?