Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Curiosity Mars Rover

I would really like to see live footage. that page above leads to a prerecorded video. Anyone know where to find the real deal? On NASA's page maybe?

EDIT: F**k it I'll watch the NASA channel.

Aliotroph? said:

What live footage? There isn't going to be any unless the thing lands safely and can send back pictures.

I think it's more along the lines of live status information on the landing sequence, rather than a live video of the probe landing.

The event information on that page is listed as:

Sunday, August 5
NASA Mars Rover Landing
8:30 to 10:45 p.m. PT
Mars Science Laboratory/Curiosity Rover Landing Coverage and Commentary #1 - Entry Decent and Landing

Worthless commentator bitch cut back to herself right when one of the guys was reading back interesting data, like landing speeds, range to target, etc.

Anyway, awesome that it worked. When the bitch asked the science advisor guy what it meant for the nation I was hoping he'd yell, "It means we're BADASS! Give us more money!" Sadly, he did no such thing.

First picture from Curiosity on Mars. Taken on one of the "Hazard Cams" (I think it was the rear one, from what they said earlier). Can't wait for the HD stuff to come back from the main camera.

Wow! The video is right - the procedure looks crazy; no way it can work. It's far too vulnerable and, because of the time delay, completely out with the hands of anyone who could control it.

Yet it worked. Amazing!

"Welcome to Mars. All new arrivals need to check in at reception."

Technician said:

Why aint they spendin' teh money fixin' the ecanamy?!

the ecanamy is broked intentionally by the elite so we're all busy worrying about the ecanamy while they continue with their world domination. But we should let dead horses lie.

Gez said:

I hope there are no cats on Mars.

I thought you were just being random, since cats are a meme, but I did an image search for "curiosity" and google recommended I search for "curiosity killed the cat". :D You probably did the same thing and is why you said that, eh? Sometimes I wish I was a software engineer. I'd make the most kick ass games, like a rover going around mars trying to kill cats that hide in canyons and extinct water channels on mars.... but it'd be something of a commander keen knock off.

Hellbent said:

You probably did the same thing and is why you said that, eh?

No, I just happen to know a few ultra-common idioms from the English language.

Also I don't use Google anymore, but startpage/ixquick.

Xaser said:

MARS, BITCHES

In relation to Mars landings:

World: 16 successes and 24 failures (including the USA).

America: 14 successes and 5 failures! Boo-ya, bitches!

That's right, the USA landed 14 out of 16 successful missions!

Krispy said:

USA #1 FUCK YEAEEHAW JESUS BURGERS GUNS WOOO

thanks for ruining this great moment.

dew said:

Actually, when you think about it...

NASA, being one of the most neglected, underfunded and constantly defunded government agencies is the only one that can actually get shit done and in reasonable timeframes. Maybe the one thing to be truly proud of this nation for, at least IMO.

when you look at it that way... yeah, america has the most awesome underdogs, neglected by the ignorant masses who'd rather build more megachurches.

dew said:

Sure... terrorist.

Also, are you insinuating I'm a Christian or something? 'Cause that seems kind of lame of you.

Update: Reality TV show to go to Mars to finance human colonization of the Red Planet.

A Dutch company aims to land humans on Mars by 2023 as the first step toward establishing a permanent colony on the Red Planet.

The project, called Mars One, plans to drop four astronauts on Mars in April 2023. New members of the nascent colony will arive every two years after that, and none of the Red Planet pioneers will ever return to Earth.

To pay for all of this, Mars One says it will stage a media spectacle the likes of which the world has never seen — a sort of interplanetary reality show a la "Big Brother."

dew said:

JESUS BURGERS

Haven't had those since I was a kid. Grab a bottle of Sangue di Cristo from the cellar and you've got yourself a decent feed.

Quast said:

Of course that'll never happen.

I can't see healthy people going to Mars to die within probably 10 years with all the low gravity and radiation, not to mention almost no exercise/normal walks, all without their families and being stuck for life with a bunch of strangers. Also, Dutch? No offense (Jesus burgers), but since when did they have a space program?