Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

OOo Calc help needed!

Ahh, Doomworld. The place where you can have everything answered. So I am posting the same post in OOo forums, but I am posting it here as well, since I like this place so much, and the people posting on here are so smart.

Hi there,
I want to make a chart that allows me to enter the amount of lantis my grandfather gets every day (which is a set amount) and how much humulin (which gets adjusted each time based on what his blood/sugar test is).

So it would need a column for the date, column for lantis (once a day) and 2 columns for humulin (twice a day) and one column for the total of humulin given each day. Then I need it to spit out what percentage of of the total medicine administered is humulin for each day.

For example:

Lantis: 28 Humulin -- Lunch: 4 Humulin -- Dinner 3 Humulin -- Total: 7 -- Percentage that is Humulin: 25.

I know Calc is able to calculate what the percentage is in a separate column for me automatically so all I have to do is input the data each day. Does anyone know how to set this up? I don't know the code for it.

So I want all the cells in the column where the red 25 is to automatically produce the percentage. :)

Write '=C3+D3' in E3 field.
Click on the lower right corner of E3 field and drag it down like this.
Write '=E3/B3' in G3 field and drag it down in the same way.

Now "Humulin Total" and "Percentage Humulin" should calculate automatically when you fill the first 3 fields.

Hellbent said:

Lantis: 28 Humulin -- Lunch: 4 Humulin -- Dinner 3 Humulin -- Total: 7 -- Percentage that is Humulin: 25.

Unless I'm missing something the Humulin percentage is 7/(28+7), which looks like 20% to me. That would make the formula in G3 '=E3/(B3+E3)'.

GreyGhost said:

Unless I'm missing something the Humulin percentage is 7/(28+7), which looks like 20% to me. That would make the formula in G3 '=E3/(B3+E3)'.

crap... you know what? I don't know if the aim is for him to have 20% of the total amount be humulin or 20% of the lantis amount be humulin. O_O Umbagog. And I just finished entering all the data into the spreadsheet. Thanks for bringing it up GG!

"=AVERAGE(G3:G10)" (if between cells 3 and 10). That's the Excel syntax though, OOo might be different.

Thank you thank you. I have something for you Maes to show my appreciation. :)

(Sorry Memfis and GG, I have nothing for you guys).