Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Relic

I'm subscribed, and I check it out every now and then, but it's too slow for my taste. I think it would do much better if it were r/doomgame, or something. Because a lot of people are into playing Doom, or discussing it, even if they don't want to make anything with it.

I don't like reddit, neither the kind of people that gravitate around most of it nor the way conversations are displayed.

Relic, why don't you start a more general doom subreddit? I'd subscribe, and we could post interesting links and stuff.

If it doesn't work - no big deal. It's not like you have to pay for the hosting.

Relic said:

hmmm, guess Doomers don't like reddit that much.

Doomers are old and bitter wiser. Never saw the appeal of a site like Reddit when sites/forums like this exist. It's like a step backwards, see Gez's point about how the conversations are displayed.

Relic said:

Yeah but the guy hosting r/Doommods has put a lot of effort into making the subreddit and it's gotten almost 300 subscribers, we could try but r/Doommods is already very successful...

Well, I already like that subreddit quite a bit (in fact, it's in my toolbar), but according to the description it's concerned only with 'all your Doom editing needs,' etc. Which is nice, but that isn't the totality of the world of Doom.

Sometimes a guy just wants to talk about an already established level, or muse on the hierarchy of hellspawn. General stuff that isn't appropriate to that subreddit. Which is unfortunate, because I think it would get a lot more traffic, and still have enough space to more than accommodate Doomers' editing discussions (if anything, it might initiate less ambitious Doomers into the world of mapping/modding).

It's kind of the r/redstone to Doom's r/minecraft, if you follow the analogy. The only problem is that Doom doesn't have a general subreddit that I know of.

It's boring, but I nominate r/doomgame (or maybe r/dooms? I don't know, what do you think?), because boring also means straightforward. Its purpose should be anything related to the video-game Doom, even tangentially (so general id news, or games that are like Doom would be acceptable, imho). In fact, that could be the sidebar definition if you like.

I'll volunteer for modding, but I don't have a tonne of free time, so you should keep looking as well. My reddit name is 'schwerpunk,' by the way.

Additionally, I think it goes without saying that the sidebar should link to r/doommods. :)

EDIT: Oh, there's already an r/iddoom, but it's been around for a year and only has three posts. Yikes.