Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Simon's Cat

Didney bought rights to Simon's Cat, eh? Only a matter of time till a full length film that ruins the charm of the short animations.

Cute new short though!

I just discovered Simon's Cat cartoons just now and my only complaint is that they are so short. But I see the charm in them being short. Certainly a feature length film wouldn't work as the skits are silent and in this day and age you can't have a full feature length silent film with stick-art animation. ... or can you? It's just annoying having to click on the next youtube video. I wish I could just watch all of them at once. It's the perfect thing to do while laid up.

EDIT: Well, I guess they're not silent. I don't think a feature length film would work. Maybe a TV series with 23 minute episodes? One of the episodes (well into the first season) could feature Garfield in a minor part, but drawn and animated in the style of Simon's Cat (so no talking and no color) but it would highlight and contrast Garfield's aloofness with Simon's cat's curiousity.

EDIT: apparently the guy can talk

I've found that the best part about these animations is that he captures the essence of the cat "personality" in a brilliant way that you can only fully appreciate if you've owned a cat yourself.

fraggle said:

I've found that the best part about these animations is that he captures the essence of the cat "personality" in a brilliant way that you can only fully appreciate if you've owned a cat yourself.

Yep :)

Edit: I think I've watched all of them :(

A friend keeps spamming me with these videos and I've subsequently grown a little tired of them.

DoomUK said:

A friend keeps spamming me with these videos and I've subsequently grown a little tired of them.

It's a cool series but I've also grown bored of these. Wasn't as good as when I've first seen clips of this.

Well, I laughed the hardest on one of the last videos I saw of the series, so I don't think they get boring for me.

Edit: and now I will let this thread degenerate into cute cat videos :)

wow....

Someone send this to Simon:

Nomad said:

Cute new short though!

That short is about a year old. Disney is just going around and buying the rights to existing popular Youtube videos in an effort to sell ad revenue.

It's like 2008 all over again.

I do think these videos are something every cat-lover appreciates, though.

I now call my cousin's cat Simon's Cat because he reminds me too much of the cartoons. :D clawing the furniture, knocking crap over, being coy and innocent.