Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24-12 - It is here. Ready your buns... for burgers.

Alright then, it seems to work properly in Odamex and ZDaemon. I have no idea how Zandronum differs from the other two, since I tend to stay away from anything involving Skulltag. What do I need to look out for that might break compatibility with it?

working on a map, but I'm mostly posting because even though I said i'd stream, I forgot streaming has given me blue screens lately so... that'd be kinda bad if it happened while working on something

Solarn said:

Alright then, it seems to work properly in Odamex and ZDaemon. I have no idea how Zandronum differs from the other two, since I tend to stay away from anything involving Skulltag. What do I need to look out for that might break compatibility with it?

zardozum should be able to digest anything the other ports can, because it's based on a much later zdoom version. technically oda supports the narrowest list of advanced features, so it might be wise to always check your map in it at least once to see if nothing's broken.

dew said:

zardozum

THE GUN IS GOOD. THE PENIS IS EVIL. THE PENIS SHOOTS SEEDS TO POISON THE EARTH WITH A PLAGUE OF MEN AS IT ONCE WAS, BUT THE GUN SHOOTS DEATH AND PURIFIES THE EARTH OF THE FILTH OF BRUTALS. GO FORTH AND KILL.

File: http://www2.zshare.ma/2qttzkxeyiz1
Name: Face to Face
Description: it's a very small and fast-paced CTF map made with 4 player teams in mind. I wanted to see how small I could make a map without sacrificing the core gameplay and I might have gone a bit too far. Uses some of the textures from the provided texture pack.
Music: http://www2.zshare.ma/ikor5a4bfkff (midi of Power Field from Mega Man Zero 4)

Did they all have to be techbase textures? There's no colored bricks or anything.

40oz said:

Did they all have to be techbase textures? There's no colored bricks or anything.

Eh? There are a lot of non-techbase textures in the pack. I used some in my map.

TimeOfDeath said:

Can you put more than one flag per colour in your map?

Heh. One flag per team.

40oz said:

Think creatively! Not everything needs to be pure red and pure blue, in fact we're trying to avoid that. Use accents instead!

Processingcontrol said:

Is this map good so far? I want to make sure the layout is okay before detailing.

Definitely playable, though everyone can assume that some input will come for tweaks after the playtest sessions.

I noticed this 32in24 session just as I was about to leave with my folks on a trip for a few days. So I made this in about 10 minutes.

http://mekworx.the-powerhouse.net/mekastuff/wads/32in24/32in24-12/lookwoodtextures.wad

I'm in such a hurry, I didn't even realize this was a layout/detail session at first (thanks for giving me that heads-up Shai). I wish I could do one more layout, but I'm literally making everyone wait on me while I post this :P

*edit*

Oh by the way, I didn't have time to add things (there's only a P1 start). Sorry about that.

40oz said:

There sure are colored bricks! BRICKM2/M3, BRICKQ3/Q4, BRIKBK1B/R, BRIKBK2B/R, BRIKHUGB/R, BRICK11/11B, BSTONEM2/M3, SP_HOT/SP_HOTBL, STONE2B/STONE2R... There are more CTF-colored bricks than CTF-colored versions of basically anything else in the wad. There's also colored marble sets.

TimeOfDeath said:

Do exit actions (linedef and sector) work in CTF or do they get ignored?

They would probably work, but as kill triggers instead of exit triggers as that is how source ports tend to do things.

Also, the deathmatch 32in24s specify in the rules to not use exits... I think that's supposed to be implied for CTF.

ClonedPickle said:

They would probably work, but as kill triggers

In odamex they can't work as suicide triggers.

<Luca95> http://www.mediafire.com/?2d5bjjjz03jgpki
<Luca95> someone can post my map on the forums for me ?, since I don't have the account activated right now

No idea who this guy is/what the map is titled/anything else about it, just that no one else posted it yet. He's on IRC though!

edit:

<Luca95> ClonedPickle thanks! , the name of the map is "gray mainstream map" , and it tooks me arounds 5 hours to make it :p
<TheGreenHerring> Luca95: And your music is from La-Mulana

processingcontrol:
your map layout has one flaw: it's a long noodle. that means if the flagger beats the defender and runs out, the defender has no means of catching him - he can only aim at his back with chaingun or something, but by doing that he's losing distance. the runner will be at sr40/50 and the defender at regular forward run.

so basically, i think you need a teleporter from the base to somewhere around the mid. the telepoter should be caged or something, so it's disadvantageous in most cases, but it'd provide another route for the map except the linear ones you have.

solarn:
heh, interesting. i'll wait and see how this plays ingame. in the meantime, get rid of the invis!!! it enrages some ctf players to the point of qutting life. also your GA's are too close to the lift platforms and go all hover-item. :)