Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BadCompany

Monsters dont attack player in only one map?

Hi Guys (and Ladies, if available),

i want draw a map level and the topic is "Monster Zoo". My idea is, I take all implemented monsters in particular cages & cells.
But the problem is, the monsters should not attack the visitor (=player).

Of course, I'd think to change some flags for every monster (harmless clones), but in my case, there're very much monsters - and they should be harmless only in one map, not in another levels.

Ah, and yes, I don't want dumb monsters which move not a bean. They should target and chase player, but not attacking.

I'm using GZDoom, DB2 and allmighty SLumpEd. And Doom in Doom format.

I haven't played around with the setting much, but have you tried simply flagging the 'enemies' as "friendly" in their edit Thing properties menu?

I tested it out a bit, and they seem to follow the player around. Not sure if the fact that they attack enemies is a problem, but at least they don't attack each other.

Ouch.

Well, I'm not really familiar with much that isn't UDMF. If your map doesn't ride on being Doom-in-Doom format there are some conversion utilities available. I think DB2 may even have one built in... Just make sure to back-up up your map if you do decide to switch formats!