Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheGraySpawn

Music Changer Thing in Doombuilder

Hello, i'm new in this forum and recently I started making maps in Doombuilder. I'm working on a project called "Rain Temple" its a medium to big map and I want to use the capabilities of Doom in Hexen Format...

I need some help with the music changer thing. I don't know how it works and where I have to place the music and maybe use some scripts. Help would be much appreciated.

So you want to change the music then? Changing music usually requires XWE or SLADE, but you can change it using scripts if you're just using stock Doom or Doom II music.

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 open
{
SetMusic("[MUSIC NAME HERE]",0,0);
}

You can find a list of the song names in the Doom Wiki.

Thanks!. And how do I change music by sectors in the map? Maybe for some combat areas with action music and relaxing music for puzzle areas

TheGraySpawn said:

Thanks!. And how do I change music by sectors in the map? Maybe for some combat areas with action music and relaxing music for puzzle areas

Change the "open" section to "(void)", then set a line on your map to "Script Execute". Put the script number in and you're away! When the player walks across the line the music will change.

Happy to help. :-)

Thanks, you helped me a lot. Here is how the script ended:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 (void)
{
LocalSetMusic("D_DOOM");
}

D_DOOM is a custom music changed in Slade3 also :D

I'm starting to learn all these things. I want to implement them in the map i'm making. I want it to be fun to play and good looking too

There's a three-year university course offered by the University of Colorado. Look into it.

Obsidian said:

You know how to use Slade? Dang, I'm jealous.

You just open your map in Slade and import some of your music with the default names: D_RUNNIN D_DOOM etc. and you're done