Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doomist

Outdoor Area Problem!

I'm making an outdoor area, and i'm trying to make invisible walls for a 'horizon'. I looked in some Doom 2 maps, but i just don't get it. I'm trying to catch up on my work, that which I started at the start of summer, and I'm only on MAP06! (I am a map making NOOB!) Thanks in advance! I use Doom Builder 2 BTW.

Ceilings with F_SKY as a ceiling flat will render in a weird way - upper textures won't show at all, and you can use this to make a ceiling meet a floor and render the sky all the way down.

Thanks a trillion guys! One last question: do I have to raise the walls a bit so that the sky texture doesn't repeat? (You can see the sky sprite again)

If you want it to look nicer. That horizon thing I wrote about won't have that problem though.

Depends if the player will have a higher vantage point to the point if it makes the sky repeat vertically. Optionally, you could turn on sky stretching if the source port you use supports it.

Experimenting with the ceiling height is something you'll want to do to get ideal results.