Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blackgaze

My wad hates flags

Hi, it seems my Skulltag wad doesn't like Flags, or flags in weapons at least. It's being made in DOOM Builder with "ZDoom with UDMF".

First I created a custom bullet attack:

SARG G 2 bright A_CustomBulletAttack (67.5, 67.5, 1, random(2,4), "BulletPuff", 1200, CBAF_NORANDOM)

(demon is test graphics)
It does not like CBAF_NORANDOM, but it needs it to work.

Then I tried making a A_CustomRailgun
This once used flag combos, which the tutorial says:

"flags: The following flags can be combined by using the | character between the constant names:

RGF_SILENT — Silent: The railgun will not play an attack sound when firing.
RGF_NOPIERCING — Not piercing: The railgun will stop at the first enemy hit, rather than passing through.
RGF_EXPLICITANGLE — Explicit angle: The spread parameters are taken as explicit angles rather than maximum random amplitude.
RGF_FULLBRIGHT — Full bright: Rail particles will be rendered at maximum brightness, ignoring sector lighting."

Since there is no "flag" example, I've done:

POSS F 8 bright A_CustomRailgun(1, 0, "none", "Red", RGF_NOPIERCING|RGF_FULLBRIGHT, 1, 0, "BulletPuff", 22.5, 22.5, 2400, 0, 1.0, 1.0, "none")

Also my DOOM BUILDER says on this line "Expected ')', got ','.", which is odd since I did everything the tutorial told me to do.

There really should be more tutorials for this.

I'm, frustrating why this isn't working, and I just need to test if these attacks will work!

Please help me DOOMWORLD.

I rather not.

One of my first wad frustratings was when I found out a custom ARCHVILE attack could not be done in Skulltag (older zdoom version)

I don't want this to be another case that it cannot be done in Skulltag. Skulltag is still the most active DOOM game community compared to the recent zdoom updates, and my wad is made for this community.

I do KNOW this works for an zdoom version supported by Skulltag, since zdoom wiki says its was discovered in a version that is earlier than skulltag.
In fact, I've seen enemies using custom rail attacks before in a skulltag wad, so it IS possible.

Gez said:

Try testing in ZDoom 2.6.1. Skulltag is hopelessly outdated.

Or Zandronum, which will catch up with the thousand or so revisions Skulltag was sorely behind.

Mr. Chris said:

Or Zandronum, which will catch up with the thousand or so revisions Skulltag was sorely behind.

That's what I meant.
I would love to move on to Zandronum, but isn't Skulltag still more known and more active?

I need the players

Skulltag is dead, long live Zandronum

Blackgaze said:

I would love to move on to Zandronum, but isn't Skulltag still more known and more active?

I guess you are not aware of the drama.

Nah, I wasn't there for the DOOM Community.

There was young me enjoying doom in the 90s...

Come back some years back...

... Make wads late last year.

So no, but I have brief information about what happened. Am I wrong in saying Zandronum is smaller than Skulltag in player size?

See man? That's one of the reasons I stick with vanilla. Same version since 1995 (v1.9), and a vanilla map works (or should anyway) with all source ports. And that will still be the case several decades from now.

Oh yeah, there's engine limitations of course... It's not everybody's cup of tea.