Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T-Rex

Some weird bug in Deus Vult

Deus Vult is without a doubt, for its time, the most epic wad since Paul Schmitz's The Artifact. However, I found a weird bug in Deus Vult, notably in Map04: End of Days. A couple of teleporters don't work. One is at the bottom of the lava pit near the start, thankfully, there's a rock elevator to get you back, but there's another which leaves you trapped if you're going for 100% secrets. You enter this teleporter that takes you to a black space with the message not to press the red button so that the unseen archviles won't flame you to death, but when you try to go back, the teleporter doesn't work. I think the teleporter sprites may have been tagged as multiplayer by accident. I got this version from gamers.org/idgames, so I don't know if there are other versions that has that problem fixed, since I saw on YouTube a playthrough of Map04 where you can teleport back from the secret area. Nevertheless, Deus Vult is a spectacular wad with one huge level divided in four maps with the full version as the last.

I checked the one I got from gamers.org's ftp site, and doomworld's, but it seems they are the same release date, so my guess is that it must be a problem with the ports I use, I don't know.

Hold on, those two teleporters only work on HMP and UV. Wow, talk about not giving access 100% secrets on that map for the players who play on ITYTD and HNTR. That's just sadistic, not that I play wads on those difficulties, unless I'm learning them. :P

A good find. So if playing on easy, and the player drops down to any sector south of sector 199, it's "game over" for easy skill players. Thank goodness for noclip. When playing with all 4 maps together - map 5 - that area is fixed.

Obviously an oversight by the author.

AFAIK this has not been noticed before ...