Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
capodecima

Cant run my map

capodecima said:

I made map in DB 2 , if i want start map in singleplayer via IDE it still start map entryway. Where is problem ?

If you've managed to test run your map from within DB2, the problem might be with IDE. If you're running Vista or Win7, make sure you save your maps outside the "Program Files" folders, failure to do so will result in all manner of problems when you attempt to edit or run them with another program.

I can run fine in db but in ide is in all ports samé problem. I use xp and wads have in one folder. Another wads works fine.

Since entryway's showing up, check in DB2 that your map's replacing MAP01. Are you able to run it in any ports without using IDE?

That happened to me as well, and is easily overlooked. In DB, press F2, and make sure that under "Level Name" you have it listed as "MAP01," as GreyGhost said.

capodecima said:

I can run fine in db but in ide is in all ports samé problem. I use xp and wads have in one folder. Another wads works fine.

Try renaming your wad using only english letters (no é, ě, č,...)

If all else fails - post a copy in this thread. Between us we should be able to identify any problems with the map.

I had problem with spaces in name, its now solved, now i have problem run my map in skulltag (show bad textures) and also in odamex (bad textures and broken bridges). Where is problem? I made my map in doom in hexen. And also i dont know how do map for CTF ( it mean add flags and etc). Anyhow here is my map http://www.mediafire.com/?40147d754n2edmb. If someone want solve my problem he can repair map and set it for CTF. Thx for help capo.

capodecima said:

now i have problem run my map in skulltag (show bad textures) and also in odamex (bad textures and broken bridges). Where is problem?

The problem is that your map needs some texture pack. You need to add the texture pack (or texture packs) you used to list of PWADs when you want to play your map.
Bridges work for me after setting co_realactorheight to 1 and restarting the map.
To fix teleporters in Odamex, you need to give an ID to teleport destinations themselves.
The sky doesn't work this way. If you want sky, set the ceiling flat to F_SKY1. The specific sky needs to be set another way (MAPINFO or Static_Init)

capodecima said:

I made my map in doom in hexen. And also i dont know how do map for CTF ( it mean add flags and etc).

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Capture_the_Flag#The_CTF_Standard