Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Two Doomworld Forums Problems I Found

Not too long ago I found two problems with Doomworld Forums.

One of them is that if you click on the very first username (it's in alphabetical order) on the Currently Active Users list on the forum's home page you'll get a 404 error for some reason. Even though you'll get a problem when you try to go to the user's profile that's first on the list you can still view the profile by finding another way to get on the users profile.

Another problem I found is about the profile of the administrator Lüt. If you try to go to his profile you'll get this user named Lüt who only has one post rather than multiple posts. I wonder if the problem is caused by the "Ü" in his username.

I don't know if any of you other guys experienced these problems or if there was another thread that talked about one or both of these issues but why do you think these issues happen on the forum? Could it be a little error in the coding of this forum or what?

Yeah, DW doesn't properly form URLs for people with usernames involving most non-alphanumeric characters. If you click on my name in that list it will tell you I don't exist. You have to find the code to use a ? in a URL and substitute it by hand. Meh.

Aliotroph? said:

Yeah, DW doesn't properly form URLs for people with usernames involving most non-alphanumeric characters. If you click on my name in that list it will tell you I don't exist. You have to find the code to use a ? in a URL and substitute it by hand. Meh.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/members/Aliotroph%3F/

What's interesting is that clicking on your profile normally displays a "User has not registered" message whereas Lüt's profile is viewable but he appears to be a permanent Doomworld noob with one post.

I used to think both of you had sabotaged your own profiles deliberately.

DoomUK said:

What's interesting is that clicking on your profile normally displays a "User has not registered" message whereas Lüt's profile is viewable but he appears to be a permanent Doomworld noob with one post.

That's because it is. Lüt is a permanent noob.

He's not to be confused with Lüt.