Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Doombringer : Episode 1 Released on Steam!

Been a while since I bothered updating about the game here. But I made a quick video showing off the new hands that I just put into the game this weekend.

EDIT: Also aside from the wintercup footage that can be found on my youtube channel. Smilecythe made a jumping around video showing off some crazy shit I had no idea was possible.

So I don't often update here about what is going on with the project. Mostly I just pop a bit of info up on Twitter or Discord when I get the urge to do so. But I figured I should post a few shots of what has been done these months that has passed.

I am planning to make one large or several small update videos showing off stuff I am working on. But I keep pushing it back because I rather work on the game than making videos these days.

So these shots are of course not finished, just a few shots I've taken during development these lasts few months. Showing off maps being worked on, Character models, new simple items system, explosive barrels, colored keys etc.

doombringer20180819112051-00.jpg

doombringer20180824182453-00.jpg

doombringer20180825233453-00.jpg

doombringer20180909175335-00.jpg

doombringer20180917165727-00.jpg

doombringer20180926230049-00.jpg

doombringer20180928203941-00.jpg

doombringer20180630123201-00.jpg

doombringer20180725225757-00.jpg

woah, this look pretty nice and was good to see the way of this project, im really interesed

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Got more updates coming soon with all the things I've been working on.

We just had our first Youtube stream where we showed off the in game progress that has been done during the past year of development.

I was originally under the impression that this was going to be a multiplayer arena deathmatch styled game.

I speak for Steam's community and the longevity of your game when I thank you for including a single player campaign.

It's using the quake engine. The movement is attempting to be a sort of amalgamation of the Q3 and doom movement systems.

We had a stream a few weeks ago showing off what has been done on Single Player mostly. Go check it out here:

The game is looking really good. Nice looking architecture on those maps and the enemy models have real nice animations. Imagine how cool this is going to be to get it done. ;)

Thanks. While I do like making the maps for it I was hoping to attract some level designers to help getting a leg up on the map creation. So I could focus more on developing the other enemies. So anyone who is curious should PM me and hopefully we'll get some cool maps done. :)

Have a few new screenshots that I've posted on other places that I figured I should share with you lovely people too!

doombringer20200503175755-00.jpg.c0023f21d9ec1f5514c285ca7f9db440.jpgdoombringer20200503175822-00.jpg.a8b28ee1deed251d42e632f12bcedbd9.jpgdoombringer20200503165912-00.jpg.2e8bb5ac35a6b838b06fe6fd1bc796a2.jpg101662758_doombringer20200503175626-00-Copy.jpg.e75df560b1b951ad8150211af49a7f56.jpg

@kristus Did the R667 coverage do you any good? I don't think it had much attention, but i don't know. I could always write a new cover story to put some light on your rather excellent project. :)

Couldn't say really. The only way of measuring where people find out about the game is from when they tell me where they saw it. And it's rare that they tell me personally. ;) But I still really appreciate you writing it. 

EDIT: Once we're getting closer to our Steam release I can send you a key, and should you want to you could write a piece telling people about the upcoming release then. I think your audience would probably find the single player more interesting than the multiplayer. 

Just posting here to mention that the Website has had a slight upgrade. And the STEAM page is now available.

As most of you probably knows, we'll be features on 3D Realms "Realms Deep" online event in a few weeks.

It will be the reveal of our first trailer.

To check out the steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1156120/DOOMBRINGER/

To follow updates on twitter:

https://twitter.com/DoombringerFPS

To hang out and chat:

https://discord.gg/0kvtFwf2JCnfGuBo

Today we were featured on the Realms Deep 2020 stream event. 

We had our first trailer shown. I made it myself, so don't expect it to be fantastic. EDIT  (Except for the music ofc which was made by @PRIMEVAL)

Edited by kristus

The multiplayers bits looked good, and pretty hyped for the mapset, remind me something of Doom 3 but more fast paced.

Hey, so I saw this in Realms Deep 2020. Didn't know you had this project, but I recognized you avatar from the gameplay. First of all, congrats.
So, I got quite interested so I downloaded Doombringer_Alpha_v0.1999 from itch.io but no textures are loading apart from the fists and the pistol (and the UI. The UI is fully textured).
I then downloaded Doombringer_Alpha_v0.1999_HD from indiedb and had the exact same behaviour. I'm in Linux, worth mentioning. But DarkPlaces alone runs 100% well.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Btw please let me know if this is not the place to post this.