Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Doombringer : Episode 1 Released on Steam!

I've decided that I need a bit more help with scripting for Doombringer. Carnevil said he was willing to help, but I am looking for someone who's more ready and able to help. Seeing as Carney has his own game to worry about, and I don't want to sit around waiting for things to be done that anyone else could do.

So anyone who's interested in scripting and got the experience to do so. Please contact me and I'll give you assignments.

For anyone who don't have Wrack and is interested in helping. Wrack just was released on Desura, and currently it's 3.99€ there. Which is coffee money to be honest. And if you still can't because you are cheap or whatever reason you may have. I can shell out the coffee money for you. But then I am expecting some good fucking results.

Looks pretty good, but I don't really like the color mixing between the vibrant colors (red and black) and the more grayish rest of the gun.

The entire art style looks very interesting so far, I like that grotesque mix of a realism and a little bit cartoon. Especially the heros frown is kind of unique.

Great job! The color scheme looks a LOT better now!

EDIT:Disregard that, the color scheme appears to be the same. I think the color combinations look better or something. Anyways I like it a lot, good job.

Depending on how many weapons you have, I'd suggest sticking with a hitscan minigun and using a plasma weapon that looks more...techy.

Well. after a lot of spinning around in a circle, getting dizzy, then spinning some more cause it's fun to be dizzy...

Yeah. This project has had a bit of a rocky start. And it's possible that the rocky road is going to continue. But I've been digging around like crazy trying to get the right base to build this game off of. For a few days I thought that maybe I could do it with Sauerbraten. But I gave up on that. I wanted it to work. But in the end I just wouldn't be able to make that engine live up to my expectations. I don't have the coding skills needed.

Now, after some effort. I have isolated one engine, that I think might be complete enough for me to do the game I want to make. It's an extension of the Quake 1 engine Darkplaces. I long disregarded Darkplaces, because I just never cared much (any) for the movement in Quake 1, as I found it quite lacking. But Xonotic, has made great strides towards ammending this situation. With the ability to define the game's physics through regular cvars I got a good base to build off of. Even if the physics engine in Xonotic isn't perfect. It's in other respects a complete package, which offers me mostly what I want and I doubt I will get the perfect package just handed to me. So Xonotic it is, for now anyway.

I'll be making a basic level and gameplay demo. And once I feel that it is as good as I can make it. I'll see what I can do to make it better, probably by bringing in help from friends, to do specific tasks.