Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Doombringer : Episode 1 Released on Steam!

I like the movement, but I can't see the logo. Says server keeps resetting while loading the link.

[edit]
Beaten to the click.

kristus said:

video

You always sound like you haven't slept in two days whenever you post a video.

Looks pretty sweet, anyway.

sgt dopey said:

Looks awesome, I'd like to help but I can't figure out GTKRadiant for the life of me

If I can teach myself to use it with reasonable proficiently and learn how to handle it's peculiarities, anyone can.

I don't know if it's an effect of the video recording or if it happens in normal conditions too, but there's plenty of small graphical glitches in that video. Little flat white horizontal surfaces appear at odd places from time to time, without rhyme or reason.

DoomUK said:

If I can teach myself to use it with reasonable proficiently and learn how to handle it's peculiarities, anyone can.

Maybe if there where some decent tutorials. I know how to use UnrealEd but thats completely different to GTKRadiant

There is some tutorials... Like this for example.
It really doesn't matter which tutorials you follow, the basic mapping principle is the same.

Also, GTKRadiant is no more supported, so you should use NetRadiant.

Gez said:

I don't know if it's an effect of the video recording or if it happens in normal conditions too, but there's plenty of small graphical glitches in that video. Little flat white horizontal surfaces appear at odd places from time to time, without rhyme or reason.

It's something that happens with the game when I move. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be yet. But it came into play as I stripped the Xonotic resources. But I'll figure it out in time.

sgt dopey said:

Links broken :(

Mancunet is down again then.

DoomUK: Usually I record them when I am too tired to do anything else but still want to do something. :p

kristus said:

It's something that happens with the game when I move. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be yet. But it came into play as I stripped the Xonotic resources. But I'll figure it out in time.

My guess would be a model that's drawn at the player position.

kristus said:

A bit of a demo video showing an early set up for movement physics.
video

Making some serious progress! I can't wait to see as more comes along. Keep it up!!

boris said:

My guess would be a model that's drawn at the player position.

Yes that was my guess too. But it's not showing up like any other missing model in the game, (they show up as colorful diamond shapes this one just got a missing texture look). And I dunno what it is supposed to be then. Maybe something that got to do with the clipping?

EDIT: Could be something with the rig that holds the weapon.

kristus said:

<logo>

Words could use a slightly darker tone of red. For me, this one looks too bright.

BloodyAcid said:

Words could use a slightly darker tone of red. For me, this one looks too bright.

I was about to say the same. Looks little messy IMO because of that.