Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Doombringer : Episode 1 Released on Steam!

Hey, thanks for looking into the game. There's nothing you've done wrong. But the Alpha you downloaded is an old version from a few years back that was mostly just multiplayer, with a single player test map thrown in. All the resources in the single player of that version is just basic placeholder stuff. But we're looking at releasing the game on Steam in january.

Made a quick video showing off some game play from testing the penultimate map for the first episode.

DOOMBRINGER Episode 1 has been released to Steam

Description

DOOMBRINGER is a game about speed, brutality and complex level navigation. In the same vein as the granddaddy of FPS, Doom, DOOMBRINGER is a bombastic FPS romp. Set in a wartorn post apocalypse where life is defined by scarcity and rivalry, you play as a member of the Brotherhood of R’whin, infiltrating the Order of Sil’Ocy’s life support silo in the hope of improving life for your own. The game is currently in Early Access on Steam with the first episode released. The Grindhouse of Todelmer is the first of three episodes of 9 maps each. Filled with deadly enemies looking to take a piece of you. Two more episodes are planned to follow up to expand the game play and explore new devilish ways to challenge the player further. To facilitate a quality single player experience, the game is working hard at challenging the player, without being random. Every enemy attack is avoidable and the player will know that it's up to them to survive. The game won't cheat them with unavoidable attacks.

History

Started in 2015, DOOMBRINGER is the brain-child of esteemed Doom map and mission maker, Kristian ‘Kristus’ Kjall. Intended to bring the ultra competitive game play of Arena FPS to a single player game featuring his exceptional level design, a skill he's honed over two decades in the Doom community.

As part of testing and developing the game play about a dozen tournaments have been held in DOOMBRINGER’s competitive multiplayer modes, both online and on LAN since 2015. In 2020 DOOMBRINGER was featured in 3D Realms’ ‘Realms Deep’ cross-promotional event for similar first person shooters.

Features

• 11 transformative power ups
  • 7 deadly weapons
  • 7 vicious enemy types
  • Robust Speedrunning support
  • Co-operative multiplayer
  • Competitive multiplayer, with battle proven latency handling
  • 9 cavernous single player levels

Eagerly waiting for episode 2, I've been playing ep 1 since it came out. In true Doom fashion not all weapons are available for the first episode (I've always been a singleplayer type of guy) so I'm waiting to see the rocket launcher, the railgun, and whatever else is in store.

Gotta say is pretty hard, at least for me. I've been playing FPSs since 93 and I can play most with a hand behind my back but in Doombringer I've been sweating quite a little just in normal difficulty. Challenging.

Btw can it be the tesla gun doesn't have a visual for the beam? Or maybe it's not showing with my hardware. (I had it full transparent by default. Changed it, looks great)

Edited by jupiter_ex