Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

*Sigh*...

So, as mom is driving me back home in her snowy white Ford Ranger XL down I-35 back to San Antonio from Dallas, we decided to make a stop at Wal-Mart (shoot me). Waco is not exactly the best place to spend a vacation, I might add.

Anyway, the reason I decided to stop by Wal-Mart was so I could hopefully get a copy of the re-released Wolf3D bundled with SOD. I think I made a comment in a post one time about how the rating was bumped up from "T" to "M". What could be more retarded than that? Sure, the picture on the front may look more realistic (which it does), but come on! The game is cartoony! There isn't even much blood in it for Christ's sake!!!!!!! Then again, as IMJack put it to me last night (or rather, just after midnight), it's all "reactionizing" (correct me if I'm wrong man). You know, they want to stop "the next Columbine" or "the next September 11th" or "the next Britney Spears album".....oh, wait...;P<-----retarded look

Still, the fact remains that it pisses me off to find such ludicrous reasons for bumping a Teen rated game up to Mature. Mom told me it was so the company doesn't get in trouble with the parents/doesn't want to look bad. I agree to an extent, but like Lüt said, id shouldn't bow down to ignorance.

Wal-Mart is the only place i've been to that i've gotten carded for buying games with a T or M rathing on them. Fuck, I never get carded for alchahol or cigerettes, why videogames? Why not put a sergon generals warning on it saying "Playing excessive amounts might lead to a loss of a social life, irritibility and may complicate pregnancy?" God damn government is so fucked up.

Originally posted by Captain Skippy
heh, at wal-mart, they should lock up those AOL discs. they make great projectiles to throw at my dumbshit sister

Probably about the only good purpose for those things.

Oh, and have you noticed that game packages are reduced to about 1/3 the size of what they used to be? They're like VHS box sized now!

Hah Wal-mart. I am lucky cause we don't have that in australia...but the ways things are going, they'll probably be here within the next 5 years....maybe.

I think Fred Meyer's is the only place that's actually carded me for buying an M game. I think it's a good thing; frankly, there are some games that kids shouldn't really be playing unsupervised if they're not emotionally mature enough. It's cool if a parent buys their kid a game and then watches them play it, makes sure the kid understands it's a game; it's not cool if a parent buys their kid a game and then bitches to the store/publisher/developer when they find out how the game is TEH EVIL!!!!11 (sorry) Like Crendowing was telling me last night, it's called parental guideance(sp), not parental shielding.

(Fred's is also the only place that checks the sig on my credit card and asks for ID when they see "check ID" written on the sig line. I dunno why there aren't any in Dallas.)

wolf3d bumped up to "M" thats gay. like doom being made teen for GBA when they have M rated GBA games. yea people are more concerned with a game or movie violence than if kids are takeing drugs, and killing for them. evey time there is a shooting u never hear them say it was drug/gang related, you always here games and music metioned.

its almost as pitiful as putting a parental advisory on Teletubbie videos that state "The liking of the purple Triangle on lala's head may enduce homoseuality in your children" People today need to know everything that a product will do for them before buying or else its a lawsuit for "lack of advertising"

Originally posted by mmnpsrsoskl
Hah Wal-mart. I am lucky cause we don't have that in australia...but the ways things are going, they'll probably be here within the next 5 years....maybe.

They've taken over Asda here in teh UK, but have brought prices down on stuff by like 20% in some cases. Plus they are employer of teh year, believe it or not.

Here video game rating's are fairly liberal, Doom was a 15 and any kid can pass for that when they're 13, so...

Originally posted by skadoomer
its almost as pitiful as putting a parental advisory on Teletubbie videos that state "The liking of the purple Triangle on lala's head may enduce homoseuality in your children" People today need to know everything that a product will do for them before buying or else its a lawsuit for "lack of advertising"

It was tinky-winky I believe. But then, a male tellytubby with a handbag, what else can you say?

How does it "induce" homosexuality? I live with 2 dykes, and I'm straight. Always will be. This world is so ignorant.....

To be honest, I think that the standardization of box sizes is a good idea. For several reasons:

1.More space on shelves
2.Saves money for the Gave developers and publishers
3.easier to steal
4.On christmas, while wrapped up, the standardized boxes make it impossible to figure out what computer game you're recieving for christmas cue to the shape of the box. (A good thing, in my opinion.)

except special things like the id antholgy and Diablo packs should be twice the size of teh ordinary boxes, so you know it's gonna be a bumper Xmas! :)

Originally posted by Submerge
To be honest, I think that the standardization of box sizes is a good idea. For several reasons:

3.easier to steal

*tsk tsk*.....as Fods would say.....BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD BOY :)

Doom was a 15 and any kid can pass for that when they're 13, so...

I am 17 and people still think I am about 13...retards. I have to pull out my car licence and show them I am 17.

It was tinky-winky I believe. But then, a male tellytubby with a handbag, what else can you say?

Meet the TELESTUBBIES:
Drinky Drinky
Tipsy
Blah
Parrow

ROFL...

heh, grow a beard, like I did when I turned 18. It made me look 25.

The flip side is if your gf is still at school people think you're a paedophile. :)

hahaa, the telestubbies. rofl

Hmm, I've grown a beard lots of times - only annoying thing about it is that my beard always appears to be made out of steel wire.

Buying any entertainment item at Wally World is a bad idea. Usually the movies and music are editied, and the only thing I saw different on the PC games were the edited screenshots.

I bought HeXeN there when it was new, and the blood and gore was still there. I didn't know about their censorship at the time, either, after getting an intact game of HeXeN.

If there's no other store around for 20 or 30 miles, then I guess you're stuck, like those in "Hicksville".

everyone in my city bitches for a walmart b/c there is one across the river (which is in the states cause i live in a bordertown) when they can drive 20 minutes and go through customes to put up with shit like that....getting carded for games has to be the saddest thing i ever heard. the closest we have to that is one movie store that makes u have a parental writtin note to rent R movies( not that its a prolem cause i have a fake id). we have a few good gaming stores and im only 17 and have never ecieved a hassle about buying M games. Hell one of the stores rents out comp games..thats how i got most of mine...i just burned them...ne ways, good day.