Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Juan

DB2 Error

When I save my level, I sometimes get the following error:

Unable to remove temporary compiler files. UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'zdbsp.exe' is denied.

But the level seems to be working fine? Is it just a bug, or is something fucking up seriously?

Can you post your Builder.log? You can find it here:

Windows Vista, 7: C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application Data\Doom Builder\

Looks like a valid bug (if you have a clean installation and didn't change any files you shouldn't change) you should post it here. And what Kappes Buur said, logs are sometimes useful too, so always include them.

Can't seem to find the log files - I should note that I'm using the Gzdoom revised features, which seems to account for this... I think the any update on DB2 should include the ability to see slopes + 3D objects as standard, it just helps so much.

If you cannot find the files Builder.cfg and Builder.log in the mentioned folders,
then something was not right with either the way Doombuilder2 was installed or your hardware.

Check in Control Panel - Programs if Doombuilder2 is indeed installed, for example

[edit] image deleted

1. If not, then delete the folder with your Doombuilder2 ...
2. If it is installed, then uninstall it ...

... and reinstall with the following points in mind:

To properly install Doombuilder2, go to Codeimp's webpage and download builder2_setup_1553.exe.
This file installs Doombuilder2 with the proper links into Windows OP. It also installs the
two needed apps SlimDX and .NET Framework if not yet installed. If they are installed, then
they will also appear in Control Panel - Programs.

Once this is installed, you can download the unofficial SVN versions from
http://svn.drdteam.org/doombuilder2/
This file does not come with a setup executable, so just unzip the downloaded file into a folder.

Or, if you map for GZDoom, download GZDoombuilder from
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32392
This file does not come with a setup executable, so just unzip the downloaded file into a folder.

You could skip the step of installing r1553, if you were to download and install SlimDX and
.NET Framework yourself.

Doom Juan said:

I think the any update on DB2 should include the ability to see slopes + 3D objects as standard, it just helps so much.

Only if you enable the GZDoom Visual Mode plugin in F6 - Modes.

Kappes Buur said:

You could skip the step of installing r1553, if you were to download and install SlimDX and
.NET Framework yourself.

No. Don't do this, because the SlimDX version on their website could be different from the one DB2 is using and that won't work.

I searched the C drive, and couldn't find a single DB2 log file...

I have re-installed it twice too.

A similar problem seems to occur when I do ACS - but the code saves and works fine.

Well, one last kick at the can ...

You tell us that you installed Doombuilder2 several times.
However, you did not specify which version/s you installed. And to know that would be kind of important.

Doom Juan said:

I searched the C drive, and couldn't find a single DB2 log file...

I have re-installed it twice too.

A similar problem seems to occur when I do ACS - but the code saves and works fine.

what did you use as your search parameter? Try using *.log this will search for any files that end in .log (I apologise if this is an inane suggestion).

Dave