Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

Bethesda Posts BFG Edition Official FAQ

Note to myself, never ever say anything bad about iD, causes flame wars here.

But being serious, Sodaholic said it is for general public and in my honest opinion it will be hard for them to enjoy, they are spoiled with current HD Graphics (most of the current gamers are graphic whores) and lets be honest, even with those small graphical updates Doom 3 still looks outdated so i agree with Mr. Chris they did it too late (2008 would be just fine).

New levels seem to be an decent idea but it is pain in the ass for those who already own those games and won't get the option to buy just these levels with updates for Doom 3 for let's say 10$ as an DLC. Which is a shame cause i would like to play them but i won't pay 30$ for games i already own just to play 9 new levels. If Doom 2 will have No Rest for the Living i will consider maybe buying this when the price drops but right now it seems to be not worth the money (even though i love Doom as much as everybody here).

Coolster said:

Note to myself, never ever say anything bad about iD, causes flame wars here.

I never saw this as a flame war, but I'll explain my perspective. I have nothing against LEGITIMATE criticism. For example, if somebody had brought up the question of just what the hell happened with the Rage mod tools, I'd whole-heartedly agree. I generally have a hard time holding my tongue when people make ridiculous implications about id being too lazy to patch their games (when history has clearly demonstrated otherwise), or making the claim that making new levels for a game without including co-op is lazy. Anybody who has made levels for a game before knows just how much work it really is.

I think id is very deserving of criticism these days considering the poor choices they have made in the last few years. But this is minor compared to past blunders, the bickering on this is unnecessary

Ladies please.

I'm a bit concerned if it's compatible with Windows XP. Now, I don't know how many people get very political on choice of OS, however, I do not care. Please save your loaded "UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7 NAO!" guns and prejudice, lets be fellow gamers, and humble Doom fans.

The price tag has me on the fence. $30 dollars for some separate release that I have no idea may or may not have modding capability. I would really like 50% off for a discount, or 25% off... (Already own the Steam Version and physical copies). Let the folks who haven't played it pay the full price, that is still a lot of people out there.

I see no reason why XP users would be excluded from playing what's essentially an 8 year old game.

Dr. Durr said:

If the new Doom 3 episode focuses on Bravo Team, a lack of co-op is disapointing.

Especially when most sites (those Co-op Related like Co-optimus also) said in the news (before Bethesda made a final confirmation) that this release will get Co-op but it won't have one, they say it is because PC Version is a basis, but isn't Xbox version almost the same as PC only with worse graphics?

Coolster said:

Especially when most sites (those Co-op Related like Co-optimus also) said in the news (before Bethesda made a final confirmation) that this release will get Co-op but it won't have one, they say it is because PC Version is a basis, but isn't Xbox version almost the same as PC only with worse graphics?

The Xbox version was trimmed down in more areas than graphics. There's entire sections of levels (some pretty significant) that were cut out as well, due to rendering constraints.

Sigh, oh well, at least we can hope the BFG Edition will have the same mod compatibility as the current Doom 3 right, RIGHT?

I already own Ultimate Doom and Final Doom, but I never played DooM3 and RoE. I only saw my friend to play it, so I think I am going to buy it, for these new levels, lighting and texture enhancements.
Will it be avalible in czech language?
I would like to be able to switch between english and czech language through a Steam, so my brother can give it a try.
Also I cant buy games through the Steam because it do not want to accept my debit card.
When are they releasing it in Czech Republic? And for what price?

That FAQ need more questions and answers...