Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Circular maps?

Are there any circular maps worth playing? By that I mean with arc-shaped corridors around a common centre. It's not easy to do in the editor because you need to make sure every vertex is spaced correctly from the centre. I know of Star Wars Doom level 3 but that's old and imbalanced.

While not exactly what you're asking for, Sunder map10 is fairly close in spirit (you navigate a citadel by slowly circling from the edges to the center).

I'm working on a circle map right now for the Doom II map name remake. I got level 11: O' of Destruction. Well, its not entirely circular but it does have a large circular hub, and 4 smaller circular hubs that branch off of that. Lots of circular symmetry to be found. Project is scheduled for release in December i believe.

Every map I make accidentally has a circle in it. Or something that rounds off to a circle. Dodecagons totally count, guys.

A whole map based around one, though? Not yet. "Yet" being the key word, probably. :P

Sodaholic said:

Circles are not possible in the Doom engine.

No, but close approximations are, and I think that both the author of the original post and authors of the subsequent replies understood this.