Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nullscarab

Secret Level linking

I use Doom Builder 2 and have made a map pack for DOOM 2. I made a secret level exit from MAP02, but it links to MAP03? I used "W1 Exit (goes to secret level)" for the linedef. I tried looking this up but did not hear of anyone else having this problem. I also heard it is possible to have secret level exits link to other maps besides MAP31. I use Zdoom.

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Secret exits in Doom 2 don't work on levels other than map15 (to take you to map31) and map31 (to take you to map32). You can either move your level to the map15 slot, or use a sourceport-specific feature like ZDoom's MAPINFO or ZMAPINFO, Eternity's EMAPINFO, or so on, to define where you want your secret exit to lead.

I'm an idiot and was messing around with scripts in SLUMPED and ruined countless hours of work. To top it off, I saved the scripts and everything went to hell. So I have to redo everything again. Thanks for the help though

If you zip and upload them somewhere, I could poke around with a hex editor and see what can be salvaged. Is it only Map02 giving you grief?

Make sure that any sort of script lumps (DECORATE, MAPINFO, BEHAVIOR, etc) are at the very beginning or very end of the file -- I've had this issue before and it usually happens when those lumps are between the MAP02 marker lump and the THINGS lump corresponding to that map.

nullscarab said:

ruined countless hours of work.

:/
I know that feeling, it sucks bad, worse then the US stereotypical greedy political dickholes, through history

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with school. Thanks for the offer to try to salvage the maps, but I already deleted them and I have started over again. The new maps are based off of the older ones, but now vastly improved. The problem with the maps getting screwed up was because I had MAPINFO in the middle of everything, so now for the new maps, MAPINFO is located at the top. The maps will be finished at least by the end of the year, expect to see them around.

Anyhow, thanks for the help and information.