Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Toenail

Building a Gaming PC

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time, but every time I look at all the components required I am left clueless.

I'm looking to build a desktop that will be capable of playing modern games at reasonable graphics quality/frame rate and to use as part of my 3D graphics and animation course with a budget of ~£600.

I will require all parts except for a monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers as I have these already.

TL;DR I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what to look for in terms of components such as motherboard, graphics card etc. within my budget? Help would be appreciated a lot!

I would love to help you parts wise, but budget wise I'm unfamiliar with the UK's equivalent to newegg.com or tigerdirect.com to get proper prices for you. Six hundred "quid" translates to more than 900 greenbacks, but as I understand it components are a bit more expensive on the other side of the Atlantic. Still, I wouldn't worry about that budget, you should be able to grab a decent rig for that price.

Don't know about UK prices, but this should be a starting point that nears 750 EUR (~600 GBP). Can always vary a bit if you prefer Intel CPUs or Nvidia GPUs. Read reviews if you want to know which are really better for your particular uses.

Asrock 970 Extreme3
Sapphire HD 7870 GHz Edition OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST2000DM001, 2TB
AMD FX-8120 Black Edition
Seasonic M12II 520W
Samsung 830 series 128GB
Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M1A1333C9