Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeremy

Abience, music, bands, ideas, the such

I liked Doom64's atmosphere. The sky was dark and specked with stars, the music was eerie, you could here breathing of unwanted folk, sounds of machinery and computers. There should be "themed" music though, for some parts that would go along with the game. I think Ferar Factory should have dont some of the music for Doom3. I have their cd "Demanufacture". Track 3&9 seem to fit right in. Quakes music used to always scare the fuck out of me, I just didnt care for that games atmosphere, too much brown, Doom NEEDS blue atmosphere.

By the way, I noticed Doomworld kinda.. changed.. a lot. Who the hell drew those demons for the Doomworld banners? The white schetches on top of the dim background image?? Those are sweet, they look like carmacks original sketches or somthing.

Well, the new Doom's music definitely needs to be evil and scary. But if the music turns out to be like Quake1's, then I'd be supremely dissapointed - Quake1's music was more weird than actually evil imo.
D64's music, while not as damn artificial as Quake1's still doesn't appeal to me - I prefer something which sounds like actual music (dunno how to express it, so quit trying to teach me that Quake1's music IS music, 'cause I know that) instead of a bunch of sounds thrown in here and there.

Originally posted by Jeremy
Doom NEEDS blue atmosphere.

Well it's funny to describe atmosphere with colors, but basically you're right. Shades of blue on pitch black do look kinda cool and mysterious - Doomworld itself is a pretty good example of this.

i'm not certain on music, but i think it is important to have demon sounds and other "environmental" effects...even a squishy sound when you step on a corpse would be nice.

Remember my "fear Effect" post???
One of the best ways to proveke fear is by hidding the source. Like Hitchcok did. You can hear the critters and the monsters but you can´t see them.

Originally posted by dsm
D64's music, while not as damn artificial as Quake1's

Uh?

From what I've heard of D64, it's way more artificial than Quake1's, which was more than crappy low-end synth sounds used over and over again.

What I mean is that the sounds used in the D64 music (the tracks I've heard) sound like real things (metallic sounds etc.) whereas Quake1's just sounds like some odd bubbling, whispering and humming.

I absolutely loved Quake 1's ambient music. So I am especially happy that id is courting Trent Reznor to do the new Doom.

UGH!
/Me is having an allergic fit

Originally posted by dsm
UGH!

Agreed.

I liked PSX Dooms ambient music, but then that game had a feel almost independant of the original Doom, which was good, I like them both.

Originally posted by dsm
UGH!

Heh you are indeed the intolerant freak. When someone disagrees with you, you do nothing but ask him his point of view. In this case you disagree with him without writing any valid excuses.