Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elic

Prboom+ is being weird [problem solved]

A few weeks ago my laptop got repaired for a minor hardware problem (I had to jiggle the charger around for a while before it actually started to recharge). When I got it back the old hard drive was kept, and the only possible software related difference that I noticed at first was that whenever I charged my laptop the screen would get brighter. However, when I tried to play a wad on Prboom+ I noticed that the game felt very different than before. Essentially it's much laggier and the game will briefly speed up once in a while. In comparison, Zdoom seems exactly the same as it was before.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is and how to fix it?

If your screen brightness changes depending on the battery charge level or whether the charger's plugged in, and it didn't before, your power-saving settings have obviously been messed with, so you've probably now got CPU throttling enabled (explaining the PrBoom+ slowdowns). Go into your power-saving settings (location varies depending on your OS) and set your CPU settings to "Max Performance" or whatever the appropriate option is for your OS.