Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Just some random Cacoward ideas.

I was thinking that seeing as the 20th annual Cacowards are drawing nearer, it might be a good idea to introduce a few special awards to commemorate this milestone. Here's a few ideas:

Mancubus Award.
For the person who has won the most Cacowards over the years. I'm guessing Eternal is a shoo-in for this one, but you never know.

Arch-Vile Award.
For the most difficult wad to be released over the past 10 years. There'll have to be strict guidelines for this one: the recipient has to be good enough to recieve a regular Cacoward, but it also has to have an extremely high difficulty level without being impossible or unfair(aka 7000 monsters in one room).

Spider Mastermind Award.
For the person who has created the most revolutionary Doom maps and wads: works of art that have made the community rise up in an uproar. Something to that effect anyway.

And finally

Cyberdemon Award.
For the overall best wad to be released over the past 10 years.

These are just some random ideas, but feedback is appreciated. :-)

Cyberdemon Award.
For the overall best wad to be released over the past 10 years.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many wads to do this one.

Spider Mastermind Award.
For the person who has created the most revolutionary Doom maps and wads: works of art that have made the community rise up in an uproar. Something to that effect anyway.

Something like gameplay modder of the year?

Arch-Vile Award.

I think this can simply be added into the regular awards rather than giving it a separate category.

Mancubus Award.
For the person who has won the most Cacowards over the years. I'm guessing Eternal is a shoo-in for this one, but you never know.

I'm simply against this one.

BloodyAcid said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many wads to do this one.

I dunno, it could just be picked out of the Cacoward winners over the years. It ain't too much.

BloodyAcid said:

Something like gameplay modder of the year?

Sort of. I was thinking that these awards would be exclusive to the 20th Cacowards, so it isn't so much "of the year" as it is "of the decade".

BloodyAcid said:

I think this can simply be added into the regular awards rather than giving it a separate category.

Again, just something special for the 20th Cacowards.

BloodyAcid said:

I'm simply against this one.

Fair enough. It isn't the greatest idea in retrospect.

If you've got any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

It's so subjective that anybody who says "this was the Best Mod ever made for Doom in 20 years" will be met by legions of dissenters.

The Cacowards have a list of ten best mods per year, without rankings. It was a good idea.

I'd rather see something along the lines of "top 100 mods that should have had an award but hadn't", five per years. You could start with this.