Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ComicMischief

ComicMischief's art thread.

I draw, and stuff. Been wanting to make a thread for my art, but waiting for the right thing to kickstart it off with.

Here, have a dumb Doomguy pic.

This was actually done for a Let's Play kinda thing on the YouTube. When that's done, I'll post it in here for you all to laugh at.

Dumb? I don't think so. That's a great piece of work. I love the expression on the Baron's face, great stuff! Keep it up I say.

I don't know about 'true' artist, hahahah. I just scribble when I feel the need to. Like when my friend Steve (the guy whom I help with his video project, Fire Button) calls me up and says "I need a picture of Resident Evil 6, for tonight".

So I cook this up in two and a half hours:

I really don't rate the series much, although he's throwing a bit of cash my way for the effort. I can't complain much.

Nice stuff. But I think you should study body expressions a bit more to really nail the expressions you are after in the pictures you make.

Also as a side note on the first picture. Left arm forward, left leg backward. And right arm backward, right leg forward. And vice versa.

kristus said:

Left arm forward, left leg backward. And right arm backward, right leg forward. And vice versa.

Heh, I was aware of my faux-pas there when I was inking, but I was having my friend Steve call me up every half-hour wanting to know when the pic would be done anyway. Deadlines, huh?

As for studying body expressions, it's a good idea. I don't really know where to start, though. Had life-drawing and anatomy studies recommended more times than I care to mention, but every time I try to apply anything from those, my drawings 'stiffen up' no end and I hate them.

Well. while I think there's a lot you can learn from live art studies. I think you can just calmly study people around you. How they move, how they stand etc. And also, study other comic art work.

Will do Kristus. Say, weren't you 'Ebola' a decade ago? Hi, it's Jayextee. :)

Incidentally:

Probably the last Doom doodle until my friend Steve wants to do Doom 2 for his Fire Button project, but hey. Had a lot of fun drawing these.

And my webcomic, Jip.

Sonic, drawn for a Sonic 3 video.

Latest of my webcomic, Jip.

There may be a danger of this topic becoming full of images when I'm doing the actual design work of my game. That shall be glorious.