Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nullscarab

Temple-like roofs?

Replicating that shouldn't be too hard if you don't mind the roof above the doorway not getting the same stepped appearance. It'll also kind of limit your possibilities for the interior, but if you make it big enough, that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Unfortunately, that's what I was trying to avoid, where it looks like it's coming down from the ceiling. If that's the only way, I guess it will have to do. Thanks

I'm no genius, but to replicate this (though not hard as said, just getting script right), you use ZDoom/Skulltag or whatever ones support 3D Floors.

ZDoom wiki has this: http://zdoom.org/wiki/3D_floor

There is a script fluttering somewhere, but this is your best bet for now.
Skulltag, GZDoom and ZDoom can use this.

Are you looking for something like the secret tunnel in E1M1 of Ultimate Doom?

40oz said:

Are you looking for something like the secret tunnel in E1M1 of Ultimate Doom?

if that was the case he probably would have started with this image instead

3d floor - If the player is never able to see above the roof-line, you can do one 3d floor and use mid textures within the tagged sector to give the appearance of having stacked layers. Just draw a second square inside the 3d roof and offset the Y alignment until it appears stacked on top of the 3d part.

If the player doesn't need to get above the roof, you can use a portal (in ZDoom or EE). It'd even allow you to use slopes for the roof part.

^I've used sloped 3D floors. I didn't know you could just use portals. There is a small, odd thing, however. The sloped 3D floor works in the preview in DB2, but it does not work when I test the same map in GZDoom.

let me know and help me out if you know what it could be. It's GL and not software rendering, and while it may be tricky, I'm almost 100% certain I've done it right, as it does after all work in DB2's preview mode

I already know how to make tunnels like the one in E1M1, so that's not what I am looking for. I'll try to use teleporters for the roof and see if that works

Mithral_Demon said:

I'm no genius, but to replicate this (though not hard as said, just getting script right), you use ZDoom/Skulltag or whatever ones support 3D Floors.

ZDoom wiki has this: http://zdoom.org/wiki/3D_floor

There is a script fluttering somewhere, but this is your best bet for now.
Skulltag, GZDoom and ZDoom can use this.

would anyone happen to have an example WAD for ZDoom that demonstrates a 3D floor? I have an instance in my map where a 3D Flior would be very useful.

Thanks,

Dave