Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LakiSoft

Ultimate Doom v1.9 to v2.0 Unofficial patch

Sodaholic said:

If you're going to act like that and throw a tantrum, it may as well be. While I'm not assuming you're a troll, you're acting assinine enough to give that impression very strongly. Some people are calling you one because of your terrible attitude and reactions to others, as well as your terrible grammar. I'd suggest being a little more humble and open to criticism.

I do not speak English! Second thing, i said to HELL THIS because now i see that Oblige are not my own creation. It's just random level generator. Delete this topic if anyone don't like uploading Oblige levels. That i am said. I don't have nothing versus criticism.

judging from the screenshots, if those screens were taken from different maps, then you should seriously remake the maps manually, thats the only way to get character into a map.

tip: play some famous wads that other people have made, and from that be inspired from the elements in the maps, because the map in itself is more important then the items, monsters etc, and ofc there are exeptions.

D_GARG said:

judging from the screenshots, if those screens were taken from different maps, then you should seriously remake the maps manually, thats the only way to get character into a map.

tip: play some famous wads that other people have made, and from that be inspired from the elements in the maps, because the map in itself is more important then the items, monsters etc, and ofc there are exeptions.

Of course i am playing WADS from other people. How i can get inspired to make my own. I just used Oblige to save my time but Oblige is not that bad. If you set a cordinates that's same like you was made these maps. Anyway now i am using DB!

LakiSoft said:

Of course i am playing WADS from other people. How i can get inspired to make my own. I just used Oblige to save my time but Oblige is not that bad. If you set a cordinates that's same like you was made these maps. Anyway now i am using DB!

Except using oblige further proves you have no talent. I also seem to wonder if this is Dark Exodus in disguise?

Doomguy 2000 said:

Except using oblige further proves you have no talent. I also seem to wonder if this is Dark Exodus in disguise?

How many times i have to say that is last time i used oblige?

sgt dopey said:

Being 14 doesn't change anything, I'm 14 myself and I don't act like this

I'm 15. This guy is making me ashamed to be in that age group.

Heh, I find it funny how many people in this thread is younger than the game itself. ;)

Torn said:

Heh, I find it funny how many people in this thread is younger than the game itself. ;)

DOOM WORLD: The new spawn? :-p

Torn said:

I'm 18 and the game will turn 19 before me.
Well I recall that I played doom 2 when I was 3 years old and for some reason I liked map 26 :D

Gez said:

So, yesterday, there was another fan community forum for a different series of first-person games that also had a thread created about an unofficial patch.

Compare and contrast.

Hmmm... But you guys are somehow right because this is not true "patch". This is a more ZDoom wad than an patch. Now i agree. :)

There's certain games where an unofficial patch just isn't a good idea, for games like for example Battlefront 2 or the Elder Scrolls series an unoffical patch would work well, with upgrades to things like texture shaders to make the game closer to modern standards, restoring cut content or to fix any code/script issues still present which weren't fixed by the developers.

A better unofficial patch for the old Doom games is already on the internet. It is called Boom. I love it for its removed limits, generalised actions and sector effects. I would prefer it than this *patch* anytime.

Well there's the demo compatibility thing to watch out for. Everyone who records demos has been using v1.9 for a very long time. If you break that, they probably won't be very interested, even if the release is high-quality.

It would still be a cool hack though, just to see how far you can extend doom.exe.

But if you want to be pragmatic? PWAD is the way to go, unless you want to help out the Freedoom project, or similar ones (Blasphemer, etc.)

Eris Falling said:

i beat psx doom on IAAW when I was 5. Couldn't really have started Dooming much earlier :P

its a suprise to me, at one point I thought that everyone in your age were just playing COD or halo :F

DOOM has a future

D_GARG said:

its a suprise to me, at one point I thought that everyone in your age were just playing COD or halo :F

DOOM has a future

Nope I despise CoD and Halo I just don't care for

sgt dopey said:

Nope I despise CoD and Halo I just don't care for

same here, its a fact that those games truely sucks
at least compared to DOOM

My birthday is the day that the Press Release Beta expired. So I'm older than Doom itself, if only by two months.

Also, the Marathon Trilogy is awesome and if you disagree then you suck because I said so.

D_GARG said:

HOW DARE YOU! >:(

Probably would be though if it wasn't for my granddad, he introduced me to both Doom and DN3D

When I saw version 2 Oblige maps used earlier in the map, I facepalmed. Hard. (Being a big supporter and contributor to its development).

I am not sure how to judge him until I see at least one map, even if it's beginner so we can actually critique it.

oh UUUH HERPIDERP I am just as old as DOOM (just a few months difference) so that means that I am DOOM born just as anyone born 1993 and just before my consiousness could tell for sure I was living where there is fibre cable and internet age MÖHÖHÖHÖHÖ

D_GARG said:

same here, its a fact that those games truely sucks
at least compared to DOOM

If by doom you mean pretty much every other FPS in existence, then I am in agreement.

Just realised, I may be younger than Doom, but at least not younger than Doom 3. Something to be happy about I guess.

Eris Falling said:

Just realised, I may be younger than Doom, but at least not younger than Doom 3. Something to be happy about I guess.

Nobody here are younger than Doom 3. Plus topic about my weird mod was turn to topic for goddamn off-topic discution. Please HELL THIS TOPIC ALREADY!

Ahem

If you want this thread ending, use the Admin Options box in the bottom right of the page, select Open/Close Thread, then click go.

This maybe due to having too many replies at this point(maybe)? You can contact a moderator and as about getting the thread locked (because it's too late to delete it at this point, you only can very early on).