thing to i improve in next version 1.2. I hope it better
than my older wads and other Oblige shits. Plz rate it
from 0 stars to 5 stars. :)

Version 1.0: http://filesmelt.com/dl/TLM.RAR
Version 1.1: http://filesmelt.com/dl/TLM11.RAR

EDIT: You must kill Cyberdemons to complete level, so
don't ignore any, even ones in "WTF? Rooms". Some
screenshots will come later. ;)

Reminds me of 1994. Nothing spectacular, very abstract, but at least it's playable, and a honest attempt. If you remove the 3D preview objects from it, it will probably be vanilla compatible, too.

Maes said:

Reminds me of 1994. Nothing spectacular, very abstract, but at least it's playable, and a honest attempt. If you remove the 3D preview objects from it, it will probably be vanilla compatible, too.

Thank you! I forget to remove them. I will fix that in next version. ;) Did you beat whole map? ;)

LakiSoft said:

Thank you! I forget to remove them. I will fix that in next version. ;) Did you beat whole map? ;)

No, because this "trend" of having unmarked damaging floors ever other room gets old quickly, and kill you as soon as you step off a teleporter after a battle. If it wasn't for that, it would be a fun speedrunning challenge.

Maes said:

No, because this "trend" of having unmarked damaging floors ever other room gets old quickly, and kill you as soon as you step off a teleporter after a battle. If it wasn't for that, it would be a fun speedrunning challenge.

I agree it's hard but i tested it and beaten it. Try to beat it and then rate it plz. :) Damaging floors presents a moon surface. You can breath without suit.

Pottus said:

Stop with the Oblige already man!

WTF? I didn't do anything with Oblige this time! I just used few rooms from it. 90% or more are mine creation.

LakiSoft said:

WTF? I didn't do anything with Oblige this time! I just used few rooms
from it. 90% or more are mine creation.

Contradicted yourself in two sentences!

LakiSoft said:

No i didn't.

Yes, you did. The sentence "I didn't do anything with Oblige this time!" states that you have done absolutely nothing with it. The sentence "I just used few rooms from it." states that you DID use it, even if only a small part of it. That still counts as a contradiction.

Sodaholic said:

Yes, you did. The sentence "I didn't do anything with Oblige this time!" states that you have done absolutely nothing with it. The sentence "I just used few rooms from it." states that you DID use it, even if only a small part of it. That still counts as a contradiction.

Few rooms you call "contradiction" ??? Download GODDAMN WAD AND YOU WILL SEE HOW IT IS. WAD IS HARD! CYBERDEMONS, DEADLY MOON SURFACES AND OTHER DANGER THINGS! YOU GUYS SHOULD SCREW OBLIGE NOT ME!!!111!!!

LakiSoft said:

I agree it's hard but i tested it and beaten it. Try to beat it and then rate it plz. :) Damaging floors presents a moon surface. You can breath without suit.

Sorry, but aesthetics or Oblige considerations apart, this is an annoying gameplay element and looks poor no matter how you look at it. Teleporting the player DIRECTLY on a damaging floor, that is.

This means instant death if you are damaged, or dying along the way if you have to cross a significant distance under damaging conditions.

If you really have to incorporate this element in your map, you must spend more time balancing health and distribution of radsuits, and also give the player due warning that he's about to take damage if he teleports. E.g. it no good expecting the player to cross a damaging zone which will result on average in 70 HP of damage without giving him any health or aid beforehand: the map then becomes a chore based on memorization, and might also become de-facto unwinnable.

Also, it would help if the player teleported to a safe place (e.g. an air interlock or cabin) and choosing if he wants to move out in the damaging zone. Also, since many areas are connected by teleporters, those should be two-way and allow a player may have to backtrack to avoid the damage or seek health packs left behind.

Maes said:

Sorry, but aesthetics or Oblige considerations apart, this is an annoying gameplay element and looks poor no matter how you look at it. Teleporting the player DIRECTLY on a damaging floor, that is.

This means instant death if you are damaged, or dying along the way if you have to cross a significant distance under damaging conditions.

If you really have to incorporate this element in your map, you must spend more time balancing health and distribution of radsuits, and also give the player due warning that he's about to take damage if he teleports. E.g. it no good expecting the player to cross a damaging zone which will result on average in 70 HP of damage without giving him any health or aid beforehand: the map then becomes a chore based on memorization, and might also become de-facto unwinnable.

Also, it would help if the player teleported to a safe place (e.g. an air interlock or cabin) and choosing if he wants to move out in the damaging zone. Also, since many areas are connected by teleporters, those should be two-way and allow a player may have to backtrack to avoid the damage or seek health packs left behind.

I think the best way should be to remove damaging floors from whole expect for slime, lava and nukage. I did this stupid, you're right because DoomGuy always are clothed with space suit. SO i will fix that and only hazard will hurts. Thank you for Suggestions and criticalism. ;) I will make v1.1 soon and EDIT my first post.

I couldn't get passed the blockade behind the start door. I don't see how it is supposed to lower. 2 out of 5 stars.

Also, since this is an oldschool-looking map, you might want to remove that cyberdemon-death exit event, or move the map to slot E2M8 where normally the death of all cyberdemons results in exiting the map.

That is, if you want broader compatibility: not all ports can work with MAPINFO lumps, and this is certainly a map that could do without ZDoom.

Maes said:

Also, since this is an oldschool-looking map, you might want to remove that cyberdemon-death exit event, or move the map to slot E2M8 where normally the death of all cyberdemons results in exiting the map.

That is, if you want broader compatibility: not all ports can work with MAPINFO lumps, and this is certainly a map that could do without ZDoom.

Agree. I will remove damage floors and set map to E2M8.

Hellbent said:

I couldn't get passed the blockade behind the start door. I don't see how it is supposed to lower. 2 out of 5 stars.

Click USE BUTTON small backward of it, no on it. I will fix that also.

LakiSoft said:

Few rooms you call "contradiction" ???

Yes. It still is a contradiction, because the statement made before claiming that it was "a few" Oblige rooms claimed that there were "no" Oblige rooms. None =/= a few.

LakiSoft said:

YOU GUYS SHOULD SCREW OBLIGE NOT ME!!!111!!!

Honestly I don't find either of you particularly sexually attractive. The 1's at the end of your exclamation marks, as well as it being carefully aligned in threes, makes me think this error was deliberate. I'm starting to think you actually may be a troll, no actual/serious person would (or at the very least, should) be acting like this.

Sodaholic said:

Yes. It still is a contradiction, because the statement made before claiming that it was "a few" Oblige rooms claimed that there were "no" Oblige rooms. None =/= a few.

Honestly I don't find either of you particularly sexually attractive. The 1's at the end of your exclamation marks, as well as it being carefully aligned in threes, makes me think this error was deliberate. I'm starting to think you actually may be a troll, no actual/serious person would (or at the very least, should) be acting like this.

And yet his non-oblige mapping shows a surprising level of promise. His map is actually very enjoyable and original. It's buggy, and it needs a lot of work, but the honable talent is there, and that's the important thing. It's now up to LakiSoft to work at and hone is craft and polish his map into something easily 4 stars.

To that end, I suggest you make the water/ashwall cave-passage area a little darker (right now it looks to be fullbright). Maybe 192 light level instead?

Where doors rise, make the linedefs "lower unpegged" so that the 'doortracks' don't go up with the door. (Also make the 'doortracks' doortrak texture).

I got stuck again after killing the first cyberdemon but didn't try very hard to figure out where to go as the damaging floor was over-the-top-ridiculous (and thus a major killjoy).

Consider changing damaging floors from 10hp damage to 5hp damage (except where lava is used).

The first cyberdemon fight is a little... goofy? I suppose gimicky kills are okay once in awhile....

I really like the way you've handled height variation in the map--creative and compelling.

You may want to think about ways to make your map not so glaringly 1994ish. Personally I wouldn't want you to try to revise your map to be like a modern map, but rather just clean up the overly glaring 1994 noobish mistakes.

Do try to avoid making doors with 72 high textures not be higher than 72 units (it doesn't tile properly).

Looking forward to version 1.1. Hoping you will put a lot of work into improving the bugs and try to refine your aesthetics a little. You show a lot of promise as a mapper, but have a lot of work to do to combat the very understandable criticisms that have been waged against you thus far and to get people to change their minds about you. You really do fulfill the cliche noob to a T and thus have not left a very good first impression as a member of the forums or your approach to mapping.

Good luck! I sincerely hope you put in the legwork and try to mature a little bit here.

Hellbent said:

And yet his non-oblige mapping shows a surprising level of promise. His map is actually very enjoyable and original. It's buggy, and it needs a lot of work, but the honable talent is there, and that's the important thing. It's now up to LakiSoft to work at and hone is craft and polish his map into something easily 4 stars.

To that end, I suggest you make the water/ashwall cave-passage area a little darker (right now it looks to be fullbright). Maybe 192 light level instead?

Where doors rise, make the linedefs "lower unpegged" so that the 'doortracks' don't go up with the door. (Also make the 'doortracks' doortrak texture).

I got stuck again after killing the first cyberdemon but didn't try very hard to figure out where to go as the damaging floor was over-the-top-ridiculous (and thus a major killjoy).

Consider changing damaging floors from 10hp damage to 5hp damage (except where lava is used).

The first cyberdemon fight is a little... goofy? I suppose gimicky kills are okay once in awhile....

I really like the way you've handled height variation in the map--creative and compelling.

You may want to think about ways to make your map not so glaringly 1994ish. Personally I wouldn't want you to try to revise your map to be like a modern map, but rather just clean up the overly glaring 1994 noobish mistakes.

Do try to avoid making doors with 72 high textures not be higher than 72 units (it doesn't tile properly).

Looking forward to version 1.1. Hoping you will put a lot of work into improving the bugs and try to refine your aesthetics a little. You show a lot of promise as a mapper, but have a lot of work to do to combat the very understandable criticisms that have been waged against you thus far and to get people to change their minds about you. You really do fulfill the cliche noob to a T and thus have not left a very good first impression as a member of the forums or your approach to mapping.

Good luck! I sincerely hope you put in the legwork and try to mature a little bit here.

I follow your instructions sir, thank you. ;) I did you all said expect "72 units door" Thank you :)

Hellbent said:

You really do fulfill the cliche noob to a T and thus have not left a very good first impression as a member of the forums or your approach to mapping.

This statement is key. I did not follow the statement, and now I will show you where I ended up.

Back in 2009 (maybe earlier), I was banned from DW for at least 6 months. I got unbanned because I was posting on the ZDoom Forums and was behaving well, but it wasn't for a very long time.

Look Here: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/blogs/45373-my-behavior/
Took me less than 10 seconds to find it.

Aside from that, keep mapping. First maps are almost always initially bad - but if you are able to make a map then you are able to make a good map unless you are Terry (I bet even he could if he stopped trolling), which is something I am not able to do. So don't give up, improve your mapping, and you'll end up more liked than I ever was, am, or ever will be here.

EDIT: Another example of something similar is RampageDoom. It won the Worst Wad of the Year Award. See here the reason why it was won: http://www.doomworld.com/11years/others.php

Obsidian said:

Say, I don't suppose you could upload your work as a wad file? :-) Rar files get me confused.

You open the .RAR file up with winrar or 7-Zip and then drag and drop the wad onto ZDoom*

(*or your source port of choice)

sgt dopey said:

You open the .RAR file up with winrar or 7-Zip and then drag and drop the wad onto ZDoom*

(*or your source port of choice)

Oh, OK. Thanks! :-)

Cacowad said:

ahahahahha this wad deserve 4 stars only for the teleporting cyberdemon! will wait for the next release!

Thank you Cacowad.
Guys v1.1 is out, look at first post. ;)