Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMSLAYER

DOOM 3 BFG Release (Weapons)

Anyone know if the weapons will sound better? I wasnt happy with the sound of the weapons for the first release of DOOM 3. They didnt sound "tough, heavy or powerful"

Not sure why or how you mess that up. RAGE had powerful weapons. So I know they can do it.

Even if they're unchanged in the BFG edition, there's mods.

It's really not that difficult to replace whatever sounds you want to change with whichever ones you like, either.

DooM_RO said:

My only wish is that they make the shotgun less useless. Updated sounds would be nice too.

I always thought the machine gun was useless it being a weaker version of the chaingun and all

Shotgun was never useless... actually it was powerfull enough. With only one well placed and close shot you could kill a zombie, soldier, imp or a maggot.

Well placed shot as in Point Blank range where you'll probably take a hit before you get to them. (Though commandos are easy enough to avoid in all reality, more so than other enemies).

DoomUK said:

Even if they're unchanged in the BFG edition, there's mods.

It's really not that difficult to replace whatever sounds you want to change with whichever ones you like, either.

Yeah.....I pre-ordered mine for Xbox 360. So the mod thing is out. Hopefully they Maxxed it out with power!