Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

A map I made on a whim. :-)

Lo and behold.

I felt like trying a bit of speedmapping so I made this. It took a few hours - does that classify as speedmapping? It's fairly small, but I'm happy with how it turned out. It's in the MAP03 spot due to me being heartily sick of Running From Evil.

Opinions?

Hmm I thought that's where you took inspiration for the name from http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=7941 Good map, may I ask where you supposed to jump too get the blue key card (switches for it I mean), or am I missing something? Texture usage is good and I like the way it descends into hell. Nice way too kill 5-10 minutes.

FDA. I liked it. Nice clean design, lots of fun with jumping on crates. But I have some complaints:
- it would be nice if you could walk through this gap. (so you wouldn't have to circle around the whole room)
- when I teleported back to the street, two barons immediately attacked me and I had no chance to react because they were so close to me.

Also, there is no clear definition of speedmapping. In Speed of Doom the authors spent 2 weeks on each map and they still presented it as a speedmap megawad. :)

Springy said:

Hmm I thought that's where you took inspiration for the name from http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=7941 Good map, may I ask where you supposed to jump too get the blue key card (switches for it I mean), or am I missing something? Texture usage is good and I like the way it descends into hell. Nice way too kill 5-10 minutes.

Thanks. And nah, you don't need to use jump. :-) Keep trying!

SFoZ911 said:

Alright for a speedmap, nothing special.

True. But not bad for a first try. :D

Memfis said:

FDA. I liked it. Nice clean design, lots of fun with jumping on crates. But I have some complaints:
- it would be nice if you could walk through this gap. (so you wouldn't have to circle around the whole room)
- when I teleported back to the street, two barons immediately attacked me and I had no chance to react because they were so close to me.

Also, there is no clear definition of speedmapping. In Speed of Doom the authors spent 2 weeks on each map and they still presented it as a speedmap megawad. :)

I dunno, I kinda liked the fact that you had to circle around. I guess it can be a bit annoying. And I guess I could have the first door closed so the Barons don't see you immediately. Thanks for the feedback. :-)

I got it too without jump, but I could not get on the platform. I just got it from the side and I missed the revenant. Those two chaingunners were waiting for you and that was great. The archvile was like a boss monster. Very nice map 5 stars!

make more! The crate navigation is kind of annoying, but i like compact maps like this. Also, the blue-key get was more typical of a secret than a main route, but very well designed.