• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

The Pandemonium Project

Dragonsbrethren said:
[image]
I finished my layout too. [/B]

Wow, where were you for DTWID! That is some authentic, fantastic looking shizzam! I started a map, too, but I started it on my Macbook which is utter shite for editing. Unfortunately my editing laptop (the Dell) doesn't have internet anymore (it inexplicably stopped working one day and I dunno whadda do). I started another map on the Dell since I got my keyboard and mouse working again and both are coming along pretty nicely. I just bought a thumb drive on eBay shipping only a couple hundred miles from me, so hopefully it will arrive in a few days and I'll be able to put it on my Macbook to upload screens of my progress.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nm566ym92w3oqme
Version 3 - Now with difficulty settings :)
Changes
Plasmagun moved to where blue armour was on all difficulties except easy where it still remains.
Blue armour moved into secret near red key.
Where plasma gun is now, on easy there is a soulsphere.
Red key area altered a little with different flat and ceiling, surrounding areas have skinmetal textures.
Various reduction of orthogonality throughout level.
Chaingun moved to red brick area near start.
Teleport added in deathtrap area. Whoops an oversight on my behalf.
I think I am close to done with this map. Of course there will be differences of opinion on whether this is ok or not from a certain viewpoint which does not come into the equation in other projects. Hopefully this map is ok now

Bump, just seeing how everyone else's maps are coming on and whether people are happy with the changes I made (ignoring the random misaligned texture which occurred for no apparent reason :P

I actually recorded a demo of your map and completely forgot to post it:

dkk.slickproductions.org/files/doom/denis/cbpandemoniumv.3_db.zip

Recorded with Chocolate Doom with the default size limit, so it cuts out before the end (only because I was wandering around aimlessly looking for the last demon or whatever I could hear). I like the map, it has the chaotic texturing E3M3 needs, but it seems a bit too detailed in places for a Hall/Petersen map.

As for mine, I wanted to play through E3 on skills 2 and 3 before I did the other difficulty levels, to get a feel for what they should be like. I can't believe how empty the maps are. It's probably been well over a decade since I played Doom on anything lower than skill 4 (I went straight from 1 to 4, heh), and I completely forgot that there were almost no monsters compared to the higher difficulties.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I really liked the teleporting Baron.

Cheers for the feedback. Yeah the over detailed-ness is probably due to me trying to make areas look more unique and differentiate from other areas of the map.
You missed 3 cacos behind that wall which is a secret.
Can't wait to play other peoples interpretations of E3M3. You get that feeling from all the ultimate doom maps really, they are so empty on the lower difficulties, I haven't played on anything other than Ultra violence for ages.

Nice map, actually probably delivers a lot better than my map does.
It was pretty easy (though that is the aim), got 90% secrets and all the kills. Good job :)

Got too many other projects on my hands, if someone wants to populate and refine my map here it is. It's on E3M3, and on a side note I had been planning on submitting it to Freedoom when I was done (Since the Ultimate Doom wad is severely lacking in maps) so if whoever finishes it wants to do that I'd appreciate it.

1 minute ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

e3m3 is a good map

So you felt the need to bump a 10> yr. old thread?

And just to add this.... how profound.

2 minutes ago, Guff dotD said:

So you felt the need to bump a 10> yr. old thread?

And just to add this.... how profound.

idk I am bored and silly lol

Just now, Johnny Cruelty said:

idk I am bored and silly lol

Just remember not to provoke the ire of this troll living under bridge butthurt:

(I am specifically talking about the OP of that thread.)

On 10/1/2012 at 4:43 PM, Hellbent said:

I am proposing a vanilla Doom episode 3 replacement project based on e3m3: Pandemonium.

E3M3 is my favorite map from Inferno, so I was intrigued when this popped up at the top of WAD Releases. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it was ever finished or released.

This project seemed to end up consisting of a map from @cannonball, a map from @Dragonsbrethren, and a partial map from @Death Egg. Did anything come of these maps?

I love Episode 3 style and atmosphere, so It's a pity that this project did not come to fruition.

Today it surely would have had much more audience and participation.

Maybe it could be reactivated... ? who knows..