Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

baronofheck82 said:

I'd love to play this map, I really want to, but it'd probably look like a fucking slide show on my computer :(

Agreed. Seconds per frame anyone?

Use GLBoom+ and follow what Hawkwind and I were talking about and it should be perfectly playable.

Pottus said:

Risen3D: Won't even begin to load

Will run with the next version of Risen3D - v2.2.16 - and the map being unmodified.

I decided to fly around in the city and I have to say it looks amazing. I found some HOM effects while flying around though. Despite that, you did a nice job putting effort into the map to make it look like a real city.

hawkwind said:

1. Load plaisf2.wad in DB2. Change the nodesbuilder to DeepBSP.

I don't have this option in Doom Builder 2, how do I change to DeepBSP? I suppose I need to create a *.cfg file and put it in the "nodebuilders" folder but I'm not sure what should I write in that file.

I haven't tried to check if this is also true in Planisphere 2, but entryway found out that in Frozen Time, ZDBSP extended nodes were better than DeepBSP nodes:

entryway said:

Probably interesting info which I noticed before releasing: fps is about 12-15% (!) higher with zdbsp extended nodes in comparison with deepbsp v4 nodes. In the slowest place I have ~50 fps with zdbsp nodes and ~43 with deepbsp nodes.

Does Risen3D support ZDBSP extended nodes?

(I do not know whether this speed-up constated in PrBoom+ was a result of the way the nodes were built on this map, or the actual node format itself. The former seems more likely however.)

Doomsday 1.9, seems, to be able to run this map flawlessly from a technical perspective, aside from the same visual bug with rendering sky over huge distances, that Pottus noted above with ZDoom.

The performance is awful though, often slowing to 1 fps.

Memfis said:

I don't have this option in Doom Builder 2, how do I change to DeepBSP? I suppose I need to create a *.cfg file and put it in the "nodebuilders" folder but I'm not sure what should I write in that file.

I can only guess that you have an old version of DB2

Download DB2 revision 1630. You will now have the option of using DeepBSP for building nodes. The config file is included.

Gez said:

Does Risen3D support ZDBSP extended nodes?

Risen3D uses an internal modified version of ZDBSP when either GLv5 nodes are required or where SEGS are in excess of 65535, whether in the wad or not, enabling planisf2.wad, and other massively large wads in general, to at least run in Risen3D.

holy shit!!

I live in nyc and this is very accurate to the real city, fucking impressive.

I have no problems running this out of doom builder.

I am currently making a very large map and ran into some problems where bullets wont hit enemies, and the same thing happens here.

I thought maybe it was an out dated version of GZdoom, and when I upgraded to the most recent it make it even worse! I would be able to like walk through walls for some reason, the collision detection was awful... so i dont know what it is but the most recent gzdoom fucks it all up, so I went back to my nearly 3 - year old version i was running before.

Don't say "most recent" because it's meaningless. Give the actual version number you're using.

I use gzdoom 1.0.29 and the level works great, except for bullets not hitting some enemies, the same problem that is destroying my huge level project that i been working on again off again for 3 years.

I tried to fix the issue with my level and upgraded to the newest gzdoom, 1.7.0 and everything was so fucked up, i would could walk like halfway into walls without no-clipping

The only thing that's a problem , is that it lags sometimes

That's an amazing art wad.

Also works without bugs , so stop saying it's buged because I explored

Shadow Hog said:

So I have to ask: what was Planisphere 1?

It's kind of a city map but it isn't comparable to two except for being by the same author with the same name. Planisphere is a lot closer to an average Doom II user level with its own user's quirks.

shit

wonder what it would be like if you had spent that kind of efforts and time on building a GTA map

too bad afaik you are not able to build any custom maps of your own in any GTA games like you could in Doom

Is there some ready-made version of this WAD that works with prboom-plus? The changelog for prboom-plus even specifically mentions fixes made for this WAD yet I can't find a version different from the one in the original post anywhere.

Unfortunately, the approaches mentioned in this thread seemed to, eh, not work very well for me. The author mentions in the text file that he permits modifications as long as you let him know so I hope posting the version with built nodes here isn't a problem.

Here is a version with built nodes that I found on another forum. I only played for a few minutes, but it seems to run fine with PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.3 (haven't tested 2.5.1.4).

planisf2.zip

Sorry for this long delay, but in 2015 I decided to polish this map a bit. Seeing people building the missing nodes and PrBoom-Plus developers improving their port because of this made me feel the need to fix some errors. The map now has its nodes, works at least in ZDoom, GZDoom and PrBoom-Plus (except for some hitscan weapons bug in some areas), has cooperative mode implemented, more health and ammo, better design for interior areas and less silly stuff/useless sectors to improve gameplay a bit.

However, I think I made a mistake with key placement; the three keys change their position depending on the selected skill, and in harder skills they are somewhat hidden, so if you don't find them you'll have to search harder. Sorry for that; three years ago I thought it'll be a good idea... At least you can mark with the automap the explored blocks of buildings by pressing the 'm' key.

And remember that this is still a large map that can tire players easily, so if you want to play it until the end, take all the minutes/hours/days you need. You're not being timed, so be calm and patient!

Here's the link: http://www.arcades3d.net/mapas/doom2/planisf2.7z

planisf2.zip

Finally, if you like this map and also Duke Nukem 3D, you can check out Duke 2070, another large map I made in 2014 following the same style seen here.

2 hours ago, Marcaek said:

Did you ever attempt to upload this to the idgames archive?

It's in the archives, along with Planisphere 1 -- I remember seeing it in /newstuff.

7 hours ago, Perro Seco said:

except for some hitscan weapons bug in some areas

Would that bug be hitscan puffs not appearing at the wall you're shooting at?  That's very likely due to either breaking the map size limit (editor such as GZDB has an automatic check on that, press F4), or you have a very long linedef somewhere that exceeds 3,5K+ in length - I don't remember the exact size when stuff breaks.  The latter is supposed to be fixed in (G)ZDoom.

10 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

It's in the archives, along with Planisphere 1 -- I remember seeing it in /newstuff.

I also saw somebody uploaded it, but I don't remember if it's this newer version or the map I made in 2012. I'll have to look again.

7 hours ago, Mordeth said:

Would that bug be hitscan puffs not appearing at the wall you're shooting at?  That's very likely due to either breaking the map size limit (editor such as GZDB has an automatic check on that, press F4), or you have a very long linedef somewhere that exceeds 3,5K+ in length - I don't remember the exact size when stuff breaks.  The latter is supposed to be fixed in (G)ZDoom.

Yes, that's the problem; bullets also miss the enemies. I have been aware of it since the beginning, but fortunately only happens in small areas at the north of the map. I tried to compensate it putting more ammo for not hitscan weapons.