Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

DoomCon

Tango said:

i think i might know who it is

We should totally meet up and hack into Doomworld accounts all day, especially Sodaholic's!

When/if I finish my current college program and obtain employment with a salary that's considerably above the minimum wage then it wouldn't matter to me whether this convention takes place in Ohio or Australia or whatever other state/country/town is on this planet.
The only thing that would matter to me is that this SHOULD happen somewhere outside of cyberspace at some point, because I do need to go out a bit more, and no, I don't like the generic clubbing. I despise it. So yeah.

DarkJedi188 said:

The only thing that would matter to me is that this SHOULD happen somewhere outside of cyberspace at some point, because I do need to go out a bit more, and no, I don't like the generic clubbing. I despise it. So yeah.

^This. Logistics are obviously a huge problem, so I propose a lot of regional smaller ones and we can report back after on the forums of our experiences and the like... There's at least half a dozen Doomers in south-east Australia here that I'm aware of, possibly more.

Coopersville said:

Barbeque at the mods' places. We could set up a Losers room for the undesirables and underaged.

That depends on what you call underaged. That aside HELL YES.

Sodaholic said:

Every other fandom seems to be hosting conventions, why can't we? I'm not really being serious about this, but still, what if we had some kind of Doomwolrd meetup?

i already suggested this like 7 years ago, but there's no money to be found in here. Good luck with finding supporters to host a party at Hilton

DarkJedi188 said:

I've always dreamed about getting autographs of the employees from either ID or Raven or Apogee.
And seeing a cosplay of a Baron of Hell or a Cyberdemon would be awesome!

you should do that on halloween which is coming up

Actually, if teleportation research continues at the rate it's at we may be able just to use our pads to jump to a convention location and not have to pay air or car travel, unless there's a pad jump fee, but it'd be quicker and more accessible even then.

Clonehunter said:

Actually, if teleportation research continues at the rate it's at we may be able just to use our pads to jump to a convention location and not have to pay air or car travel, unless there's a pad jump fee, but it'd be quicker and more accessible even then.

Uh-oh. You see, before I got into college this was exactly what I was hoping for. But now that I'm enrolled for earning a diploma in the Tourism & Travel industry and becoming a flight attendant, this is something that has become a nightmare which haunts me.
So I hope that teleporters don't arrive too soon or else I'm like DOOMed literally. :(

999cop said:

you should do that on halloween which is coming up

Doing all the fun stuff in the month of October would make the rest of the year too boring.
Besides, there's way too many desirable costumes of characters to wear out there, so confining it all to one day of a year would make it impossible to accomplish everything.

glenzinho said:

I propose a lot of regional smaller ones and we can report back after on the forums of our experiences and the like...

Linking some of the smaller conventions via video conferencing might also help overcome the tyranny of distance.