Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phendrena

Breaking Translucent Glass

Me again with another question.

I would like to break translucent glass.
While I can tag a linedef as translucent OR use an ACS script to break the glass I don't appear to be able to do both. I have tried to use ACS to set a linedef as translucent but I haven't been able to.

Would anyone have any idea how I can do this?
If it can't be done its not a gamebreaker but it would be more fun and make my stasis chambers more entertaining.

I am using Doom in Hexen format.

Cheers,

Dave

You wouldn't have any problem if you used UDMF. Hint, hint.

Anyway, the idea here in Hexen format is to give a line ID to the linedef (possible with the TranslucentLine special), and then in ACS you need to have an OPEN script which will use SetLineSpecial to change that line's special to ACS_Execute.

Gez said:

A linedef in UDMF can have additional properties, notably you can set alpha and transparency types directly, without having to use a special for that.

Could be worth messing around, however, this is the fifth map of a multi-map wad and i would be concerned that switching from D-in-H to UDMF might screw up the other maps. I can definitely see the benefits of using UDMF though.

Dave

Phendrena said:

switching from D-in-H to UDMF might screw up the other maps.

No risk of that, each map is loaded independently. You can have maps in Doom format, Hexen format, and each namespace of UDMF in the same wad; they won't "cross-pollinate" or "pollute" each other.

Converting a map might cause some problems if the conversion is flawed; but you don't have to convert maps that are already finished.

Gez said:

No risk of that, each map is loaded independently. You can have maps in Doom format, Hexen format, and each namespace of UDMF in the same wad; they won't "cross-pollinate" or "pollute" each other.

Converting a map might cause some problems if the conversion is flawed; but you don't have to convert maps that are already finished.

I like it! :)