Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Olympus

Halloween Horror Nights

For anyone who doesn't know, its basically a huge Halloween festivity that goes on every year at the universal studios theme park. Haunted houses that are based on movies or TV shows, for example, are created that you walk through. The theme this year is the show Walking Dead; some of the other themes are Silent Hill and Alice Cooper's mad mind.

Also, new this year there are no safe zones; in previous years places such as gift shops and the bathrooms were considered "safe"; apparently now the workers can even follow you into the bathrooms to scare you!

So, anyone going this year? I live in Florida so I'll be heading up to Orlando for it tomorrow. Discuss!

POSSIBLY contemplating shaving my head and going as Walter White. Should be able to grow the goatee in time.

Oops, figured this was a generic halloween thread. Oh well. No, I live on the other side of the country so I won't be going. Not even really in driving distance to Universal Studios California.

Sodaholic said:

I know, I'll go as my posts. That's scary, right?

Just horrific. :p I'll leave the generic halloween thread to csonicgo.

Went to Halloween Horror Nights two years in a row when I was in college (only a 4 hours drive away) and was pretty much in it for the rides instead of the actual scares. Everything else was substantially lackluster as far as the haunted houses and scare tactics went. The third year we ended up going to Tampa to visit Busch Gardens for Howl-o-Scream, which actually gave a better scare performance overall. Regardless, we still went for the rides mostly. It's hard to get a really good scare at a giant theme park such as those, despite the money they spend on it. It always felt just ever so slighty underwhelming, but that didn't stop us from getting plastered and enjoying the shit out of some rides.

Now that I'm back home, I keep hearing of a certain haunted house which ranks quite well in it's scare factor. Might have to try and get over there this year while I work on what I want to do for my costume.

Gonna cut my hair, sew a jumpsuit, and go as the Vault-Boy from Fallout.

EDIT: This isn't the general holloween thread? Damn.

Yep kirby, my friends that im going with and I are planning are pregaming as well. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes, probably sunday (because im going saturday night)

Also, im now a member. Woot!

We have some good attractions in southeast PA. Pennhurst Asylum and Eastern State Penitentiary are a guaranteed good time. I also live down the street from Jason's Woods, which is apparently very popular.

Grab a generic pirate suit from Walmart.

Maybe go as a zombie doctor since I have an unused labcoat lying around. Some holes here and there with some red paint/dye and some makeup might be ok.

Dr. Durr said:

Gonna cut my hair, sew a jumpsuit, and go as the Vault-Boy from Fallout.

EDIT: This isn't the general holloween thread? Damn.

THREAD IS UP! go spam it up with spooky.