Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Would be worth making an Eternal Doom walkthrough?

I love Eternal Doom and - you may know that - I love making Let's Play videos. However, I'm not sure that I should start an Eternal Doom walkthrough because everybody knows here, how long that WAD is.

What do you think? Would be worth to start it?

Depends what your motive is. If it's to show people how to play the maps and get 100% kills/secrets then frankly the demos archive is probably better for doing this.
If you are only wanting to play and record things for youtube for fun and not really bothered about how long each map takes then sure you should do it. You don't have to make a video for each level, just make a video of say 15 minutes in length each time and it won't be any real issue.

cannonball said:

If you are only wanting to play and record things for youtube for fun and not really bothered about how long each map takes then sure you should do it.

Yep, this is my motivation =)

You don't have to make a video for each level, just make a video of say 15 minutes in length each time and it won't be any real issue.

...to be exact, I would like to show all the levels for those who didn't know this WAD before. I think it's necessary - but now I start to think about it, and probably, a teaser would be enough, so you are right. =)

Well, I for one would love to see some YouTube walkthroughs up of the levels, especially Map 20 (Silures). As I use GZDoom I'm never able to watch .lmp demos(don't you need PRBoom or something, why is that?) so the TNT files aren't much use unless I start fiddling about with another source port, which I don't want to do).

I don't see how it could hurt at all, many people do enjoy watching playthroughs that aren't something as flabbergasting as UVmaxes or pacifist runs. I've been itching to play through Eternal for the first time due to how (in)famous it is, and would like to have an LP handy in case I get stuck, since .lmps aren't really that helpful as guides.

Eternal Doom is pretty buggy on some maps and would probably benefit from a complete overhaul before making a walk through. If your up for asking permission to fix it Kat I would be up for helping out revising the maps since this is one of my favorite WADS from Doom Legacy days.

dobugabumaru said:

I don't see how it could hurt at all

Doesn't hurt anyone, but my problem is that I'm afraid of that I start playing through the maps and I won't be able to finish all of them, due to the size and the several hidden ways and switches.

I repeat: I don't want to do any compet-N stuff (UV-Max, UV-Speed, etc.) just a standard walkthrough with my commentary. You know, like Pewdiepie - okay, not exactly, I try to be less irritational and more informative :D

BTW, I have the same worries with Alien Vendetta.

Pottus: I don't need that, but thanks. =)