Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Anyone wants to donate a map for the next First-try Demo Contest?

First-try Demo Contest is when a bunch of players gather at the same time, we post a new never before seen map and then they start recording FDAs. The fastest time wins. (all attempts are counted, so a demo with total time 24:00, exit time 24:00, 0 deaths is faster than a demo with total time 26:00, exit time 17:00, 1 death)
You must start immediately after the demo was posted. If you're like 5-10 minutes late, your demo will not be accepted. This is the best we can do to prevent cheating.

So, anyone wants to donate a map? Like maybe Gusta has some cool Kama Sutra 2 leftovers? :)

im not a mapper, but i jump in to ask to NOT choose 1-2-3-4 november for the contest if possible. I wont be around then and I'd love to take part again *cough

OK! If anyone else won't be around at certain days, please tell us so we can find the best time for everyone. :)

It will be very unlikely that I will be able to participate in this, since I work 5 days a week which are completely random to which days I work and that I know at pretty short notice. Also I don't exactly have many maps to donate (pretty much none), though not to say that I could make one. Just I'm sure there are better mappers to produce something for this.

Memfis said:
So, anyone wants to donate a map? Like maybe Gusta has some cool Kama Sutra 2 leftovers? :) [/B]

How this came to your mind? :-D

That's what I'd like to know...

Gusta said:

How this came to your mind? :-D

I remember you said that you wanted to replace some old maps that weren't good enough. They shouldn't go to waste! :)

btw seems like we got a mapper so maybe FDC#10 will happen soon. :)

blob1024 said:

where where

My HDD, Prague, still unfinished, hasn't been even touched for year and half and will not be touched until Feb 2013 because of RL issues (and RL does not mean Rocket Launcher), that's it :-)

Gusta said:

My HDD, Prague, still unfinished, hasn't been even touched for year and half and will not be touched until Feb 2013 because of RL issues (and RL does not mean Rocket Launcher), that's it :-)

lol should I worry if It really came to my mind Rocket Launcher before real life? **

If this happens late enough in November then I will be able to play whatever is thrown at us :). Posting with a certain level of assumption here.

I have interest in it, but how about the date and time? I only free at night, and there's huge time difference between me and most of you. I live in Taipei now. Here's the time difference I checked from internet, according to where famous doomers live:

US: +12 hrs
UK: +7 hours
Italy: +6 hours
Slokovia: +6 hours
Russia(Moscow): +4 hours
Poland: +6 hours
Brazil: +10 hours
Japan: -1 hour

As for the maps, I don't have any nice maps to donate as I am not a mapper.

Belial said:

Heh, is the map I tested in Nov 2006 still there? :P

Yes ... I guess :-) (it was 2006 ... 6 years? damn :-)
ok, back to the topic!

Well, I've just asked the author and he said that he is working on it this very moment. So let's wait a bit more.

update: he says that maybe it will be ready by December 25 or so.

I'm bumping this thread just to say that we always need maps for FDC so if you have some medium-sized challenging levels that aren't too confusing and don't require preknowledge to beat them, please contact me and I'll check if your map fits the contest or find someone else to do it. [I want to participate sometimes too so I can't always be the tester :)]