Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

Putrefier

Sorry to say, but that looks like a problem with your hardware and/or OpenGL drivers.

Try gzdoom -nomusic -iwad doom2; without loading any mod. Do the textures and sprites glitch again?

Gez said:

Sorry to say, but that looks like a problem with your hardware and/or OpenGL drivers.

Try gzdoom -nomusic -iwad doom2; without loading any mod. Do the textures and sprites glitch again?

Im having the same problems as rrwoods. Albeit I know my graphics card is not great for this at all (Intel Graphics Integrated 3000) but I can play other wads just fine. Maybe it has to do with the amount of linedefs?

Using your command line parameters all looks and plays good as well with no problems

Running doom2 works fine. I've tried fullscreening and reducing the resolution, together and separately.

I notice in the console that it's picking up my onboard graphics card though (GL_RENDERER: MOBILE INTEL(R) HD GRAPHICS), and I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6490M. Any way I can tell gzdoom to use a different graphics card?

(Don't know if this is what Kirby is experiencing)

Try bumping down the texture filtering to linear. My girlfriend's laptop had that problem, disabling trilinear filtering seemed to do the trick.

Sorry, Putrefier is a bit of a problem child it seems.

Yes. There are dynamic lights, sloped 3D floors, and 3D models, IIRC. All things that will not render in software.

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6038

The Samsung Series 7 causes OpenGL applications to use the onboard graphics card, and there is no solution out-of-the-box. They have released a fix (as mentioned in that thread), we'll see if it helps at all.

This explains why turning off OpenGL in GZDoom (vid_renderer 0) will cause the textures to work properly; it's probably switching to my dedicated card.

Again, don't know if this is what Kirby is experiencing but maybe.

As I posted in the DRD Team thread, you might want to try putting this opengl32.dll in the GZDoom directory. It'll wrap the instructions to DirectX calls, which should trigger the autoswitch on those faulty Samsungs. (The other wrappers I listed over there are older and less likely to be useful.)

Ah, I hadn't seen that before installing the fix. I actually now have real control over whether I want an application to use a specific graphics card, which is nice. Good to know there's a software workaround as well though.

Remains to be seen whether it causes Putrefier to work yet, I'll have time to check that out a bit later.

EDIT: Sweet, I see sprites and beautiful texturing!

I am stuck... You know that switch behind the barrier close to megasphere secret? I just used it and there do not seem to be anything opened by that. I can not access red card yet.. No idea where to go, I guess that doomguy will have to shot himself with shotgun to save himself from terrible death by starvation. He would probably die even faster because I do not think that the water in starting area is drinkable.

Ok, so I finished it and it was fun.

Lot of interesting visuals and effects, like that bloody room where you find shotgun, or the meaty thing which swallowed a screen, those little buildings which are outside of room with red key..
And of course the final area with the display which wrote something about vallhala.
I guess you made that map too.

Gameplay was mostly well balanced. Some encounters suprised me at first, but were not that hard when I retried them. I had to reload a save several times at cyberdemon fight until I realised that it is much easier to just dodge the rockets and constantly shoot from plasmagun, than hiding behind corners.

Found a neat trick, or rather glitch at final boss, the generator like thing.. which shoot like some sort of lava fountain.
You just need to climb up to it and hide behind it, then it start to shoot itself without harming you.

So, thank you for the map :)